Trolling

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Its some who has a service such as DISH Network and goes into the DIRECTV forum and keeps posting again and again that DISH is better... that is trolling. :)

Trolls are usually people who's sole purpose for posting is starting trouble. They particularly like to stir things up between other posters. Trolls don't want civil and respectful discussions, just fights.

That video is a riot! I imagine that's what ********* looks like! :D

Here ya go ... a visual depiction:
images

Oh wait ... sorry. That's "trawling", not "trolling" ... Oops! My bad!

thought I saw a Redneck Heaven (Outdoor World) for an electric trolling motor the other day

I have also seen folks refer to Trolls as people who lurk the forums, and never/rarely post. Not sure if thats a true definition, but if it is, I guess I am a Troll of sorts. I am not funny enough to post entertaining threads, nor am I smart enough to answer more technical questions..... ;)

I have also seen folks refer to Trolls as people who lurk the forums, and never/rarely post. Not sure if thats a true definition, but if it is, I guess I am a Troll of sorts. I am not funny enough to post entertaining threads, nor am I smart enough to answer more technical questions..... ;)
Thats Lurking, and nothing wrong with that 99% of the people at anytime here at SatelliteGuys are lurking. :)

I (as a Dish sub lurking in the DirecTV Forum) really don't see the point of trolling. Considering that there is a forum for the whining and complaining about who's better. In the end it's just TV.

Last edited:
Thats Lurking, and nothing wrong with that 99% of the people at anytime here at SatelliteGuys are lurking. :)

I've never liked the term "lurking", it has a negative sound to it. I think "visiting" sounds better. Regardless of the word, there's nothing wrong with going to a forum and just reading the posts without contributing. I don't think it's as much fun, but I did that for some time too.

Also keep in mind that there is nothing wrong with going in other forums if you purpose is to have a civil discussion, seek information, clarify or correct some issues/points brought up by others, or to simply see what they have to offer. This does not consitute trolling. As long as your purpose is not to intentionally cause trouble, get a reaction, brag or criticize, or be a turd, you are not a troll IMO. Although you may be accused of trolling by some in those forums.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)