Tropical Storm Ernesto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it does not look good. But it is awful early, and these things can do all sorts of things.

Still, it looks like a classic Labor Day Hurricane hitting the gulf coast. :(

rockymtnhigh said:
Yeah, it does not look good. But it is awful early, and these things can do all sorts of things.

Still, it looks like a classic Labor Day Hurricane hitting the gulf coast. :(

Yep...still very early. There has been alot of wind shear in the Carribean this hurricane season, so right now....just make sure your supplies are ready.

They were talking on the news about an expected surge in gas prices next week. This sucks seeing how the gas prices have just now started to fall, they will be up just as high or higher than what they were before the gas prices plunged. I figure the drop in gas prices wouldn't last too long that there would be some type of excuse to get them prices back up there.

I could fart in the direction of the gulf coast and gas prices would go up.

I just hope this doesn't hit New Orleans again. They've already had enough devastation.

We need the rain bad here. Let it hit the Texas coast away from the refineries.

LOL!!

In all seriousness, looks like this hurricane will go towards Florida and the Eastern coast now.

Neutron said:
LOL!!

In all seriousness, looks like this hurricane will go towards Florida and the Eastern coast now.

Yep...the hurricane lightning rod'. Already saving my $$$$ for ANOTHER hike in homeowners insurance for next year. In the last 3 years....I went from paying $1100 a year to $2400 a year.....the price you pay for paradise.:(

salsadancer7 said:
Yep...the hurricane lightning rod'. Already saving my $$$$ for ANOTHER hike in homeowners insurance for next year. In the last 3 years....I went from paying $1100 a year to $2400 a year.....the price you pay for paradise.:(
My insurance went from $800 4 years ago when I bought this house up to $1800 last year, and then this year they wanted to hike it up to $5400 :eek::eek::mad::mad:!!!!! I was able to fine one alittle cheaper at $3200 so I switched.

thiggin2 said:
My insurance went from $800 4 years ago when I bought this house up to $1800 last year, and then this year they wanted to hike it up to $5400 :eek::eek::mad::mad:!!!!! I was able to fine one alittle cheaper at $3200 so I switched.

I am afraid that insurance will price ALOT of people out of the state.

I want to say right away "what a ripoff" then I think about how many hurricanes have been hitting down there and start to think "maybe it is a bargain". They can only raise rates so high before people will refuse to pay the rates unless they know they will get hit every two or three years then its a bargain. If people get hit that often though then they need to just move. The insurance companies probably have a lot to make up for in their losses but they also might be taking advantage of people like the gas companies are by having a reason to jack the rates up.

With insurance rates going up that much, it would cause other prices to go up as well such as rent and so forth. If people build hurricane proof houses then they should get a reduction in their insurance rates.

Stargazer said:
I want to say right away "what a ripoff" then I think about how many hurricanes have been hitting down there and start to think "maybe it is a bargain". They can only raise rates so high before people will refuse to pay the rates unless they know they will get hit every two or three years then its a bargain. If people get hit that often though then they need to just move. The insurance companies probably have a lot to make up for in their losses but they also might be taking advantage of people like the gas companies are by having a reason to jack the rates up.

With insurance rates going up that much, it would cause other prices to go up as well such as rent and so forth. If people build hurricane proof houses then they should get a reduction in their insurance rates.

No such thing as hurricane proof. I don't know where you live, but down here, when a storm comes...you never know what will cause the most amount of damage. Though flooding IS the main cause of death with storms like this, damage can be from anywhere. Hurricane Andrew changed insurance in Florida FOREVER! And with MORE people moving to Florida more than just about any other state...sooner or later, another major one will hit us again. In the end, it comes down to...and I hate to hit this subject...it will come down to politics and politicians. The insurance companies, the utility companies ALL come to the governor's office and state they need to raise rates for this...and they need to raise rates for that...and the those companies have some serious lobbyist that throw around ALOT of muscle. Just recently, the insurance companies...though showing RECORD profits down here...wanted to raise EVERYONES rates 75%!!
TONS of people went to the hearings and if I am not mistaken, they 'settled' for a hike of like 45%....and wanted MORE. FPL(Florida Power and Light) jacked everyone up another 25-35% or so on everyone utility bill. One of these days, regardless of whether he is Repub or Demo, we in Florida will need to find a politician that will place these companies in check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts