Trouble connecting 722 to internet

lwh1993

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 4, 2007
Good evening. I've been struggling to connect my 722 to the internet.

I've tried two methods:
1) powerline adapter - netgear xe102 - on the same circuit and directly connected to an outlet.
2) Wireless gaming bridge(Belkin F5d7330)

Neither of these seems to work, the powerline worked once, but then would crap out. The wireless gaming adapter is how I connect my xbox 360 and it works great.

Any hints? Running ethernet across the carpet is not an option.

I bought TWO XE102's and used that, because I ran the 722 to a APC battery backup and could not use the homepug option.

I know have two XE104's (4 ports) and the 722k works fine.

Could be something is up with your outlet, so I'd recommend a 2nd XE102 for cheap off ebay.

I just think it's bizarre that neither option works. The wireless gaming adapter shows activity on the back of the when plugged in.

See if you can even get it to work directly wired in (across the carpet if necessary) from the sat receiver to the modem (or whatever you have) and then you'll know if everything on the receiver and on the internet source are able to work right. After that you can try wireless and know it isn't the receiver nor the modem.

I'm about to give up. I connected directly from the router and no luck. I then connected directly from the modem and it seemed to work. My is this piece of hardware so picky? My Xbox and PS3 don't have any issues. I even tried going from the modem to an ethernet switch to the 722 and that didn't work.

Any advice? Because I can't connect directly from the modem as a solution.

If it works directly from the modem to the 722, then neither of them are the problem. You have a strange setup with your router or switch. What exact equipment do you have? Most people don't have a router AND a switch, but you mentioned both.

Please fill in the blank(s): Internet Modem --> ______? --> Wireless Gaming Bridge --> ViP722.

Do you have any special settings or setup going on?

My normal setup is as follows:

RCA cable modem -----> Belkin F5D8230 wireless router ------->my computer -------> PS3 connects wirelessly -------> 360 connects with a Belkin wireless gaming adapter.

I've connected the 722 the following ways:
1) RCA cable modem -----> Belkin F5D8230 wireless router ------->netgear xe102 -----> 722 -no luck
2) RCA cable modem -----> Belkin F5D8230 wireless router ------->Belkin Wireless gaming adapter ------>722 - no luck
3) RCA cable modem -----> Belkin F5D8230 wireless router ------->722 - no luck
4) Cable modem to ethernet switch ----->722 - no luck(wanted to see if the router was the issue)
5) Cable modem ------>722 - worked

Considering everything else works with my normal setup, what makes the 722 so picky?

Considering everything else works with my normal setup, what makes the 722 so picky?

As stated before. The 722 is not picky. It has to be something in your set up for your LAN, because you said your game consoles are conneted wireless. I have a722 and a 722k. One is connected via HomePlug, and the other is a connected outlet only. Both connected right away.

Just to to try one last thing, I connected the xbox 360 directly to the wireless router and it worked without issue. So at this point I have to say that the 722 is the issue. The 722 also dumped 200 hours of programs on me earlier this week as well, so I think it's a defective box. I'll be calling Dish again hoping to get this fixed.

Connect the switch to the modem and plug in your computer and the 722 and see if it works on both. (And make sure you aren't using the uplink port)

Wireless = PITA for setup on many devices. Perhaps a better wireless device would do the trick? Can you borrow one to test it?

What's your average HD temp on the 722? Menu - 6 - 3 - Counters - page down to temps...

I did try the switch, the computer worked but the 722 didn't.

So far the 722 has not worked with a router, a switch, the powerline adapter or the wireless gaming adapter. All of my other devices and computers work with any of those options.

Also, the 722 would not keep a connection for more than 30 minutes through the modem. I would look again at the status and it would say not connected.

Hdd going bad

Just to to try one last thing, I connected the xbox 360 directly to the wireless router and it worked without issue. So at this point I have to say that the 722 is the issue. The 722 also dumped 200 hours of programs on me earlier this week as well, so I think it's a defective box. I'll be calling Dish again hoping to get this fixed.

Now that you mention the fact that it lost 200 hrs of programming it sounds like it was having other issues. Get a replacement.

Now that you mention the fact that it lost 200 hrs of programming it sounds like it was having other issues. Get a replacement.
Get a replacement indeed! They may have you jump through some hoops to get it, but keep it simple in your explanation and say that it won't even hold a connection when directly connnected via wire to the modem.

I have a setup through a cable modem & a hub to my computer and 722 and I've never had a connectivity issue in a year and a half.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts