Trouble Getting a 922

balink

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2007
North Port, FL
I've been a dish subscriber since September 2006 and was installed with a hybrid-arc setup back then. I had a 110/119 dish and wing for 61.5. When the new HD came out I knew I'd have to call and get switched over to eastern or western arc, but since I knew I'd be moving soon anyway, I figured I'd wait and get moved and migrated at the same time. Then the 922 came out, and I added that to my Dish to-do list. When I called Monday to schedule the service, everything went fine until it was time to confirm the appointment. At that point the system said the install would take 16 hours!! Needless to say, there were no appointments available. Anyway, I got escalated up the chain several times to Dish executive offices where a nice lady told me there was a known glitch in the system and they could not send me a 922. She emailed me her direct number and set me up for a dishmover (at no charge) so I would not have an interruption of service.

So the questions is, has anyone else experienced this? Now that I am moved, can I just re-order the 922? i tried calling the lady back at the number she provided but had to leave a message. Any advice on how to get actually get a 922 would be much appreciated.

My suspision is that with the problems thyat the 922 had at launch, Dish would prefer to get the bugs out before rolling the box out in mass. Just keep trying and be patient, I'm sure you'll get one "soon". If you run out of patience, try e-mailing CEO@echostar.com. Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts