trouble getting signal

fisher11

Original poster
May 18, 2011
virginia
I have a vip222k receiver and 1000.4 dish with eastern arc triple lnbf for my camper. With cable hooked directly to receiver n no switch installed. I am using dish pointer app for my DROID but cannot find a satellite. What might I be doing wrong?

Well, let's start from the beginning. Is your home dish also a 1000.4 EA? If not then you need to run a check switch on the receiver after connecting it to the new dish so that it can recognize the internal switch on the dish. Next, do you have the dish perfectly level (front/back and left right)? Third, do you have the correct elevation and skew set on the dish? Once you have all of those things done, then you can start trying to aim it left and right. The dish pointer app will give you a very good idea of where to start but you'll need to make small slow movements to the dish to zero in on the satellites (don't forget to give the receiver a few seconds to recognize your movement and update the scale - I'm assuming you are just using the dish receiver scale to aim and that you don't have an external meter). If you haven't ever aimed a triple LNB dish before, you'll be amazed at the difference a small movement will make.

The dish on the house is the same with the same easter arc triple LNB. I had level on all sides. I used the elevation and skew the receiver said for my zip to pick up 61.5. I just must b not fine tuning it enough left to right. Just small movements right? Should I still run a check switch on it even though im not using an external switch like on my house? We are going camping this weekend and I was trying to get it set up n the yard so I could make it easier for myself for when i set up at the campground

So you are using an external switch on your house or you aren't? Assuming you setup is exactly the same as on your house then there is no need to run a checkswitch. If there are any differences (LNB, switch, separaters, etc.) then you need to run a check switch.

VERY small movements. You'll get there, just practice a little more.

Ok if my setup is slightly diff do I run a check switch before I try and zero n on the satellite. I don't have an external meter I was using the point dish screen on the receiver. Can i possibly find a signal meter local or is that something ill have to order

Yep, make all of the connections and then run the check switch. Next you'll need to zero in on the signal, then run check switch again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)