Trouble recording late at night: yellow screen

fletchmath

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 26, 2008
For the last week, a nightly recording at 2:00 AM on my local NBC station (HD local) has failed. The recording is there, but when I play it back, the screen is solid yellow the entire time. I've never seen solid yellow before, in any circumstances.

Has anyone ever seen something like this before?

Ken

I think my issue is related to yours. I have my DVR set to record NBC Monday thru Friday at 1pm. For the last week, 4 times it wouldn't record the show! One day it was half way thru then my screen went yellow. The other days I had a notification from DISH on the screen saying they were experience technical difficulties and the channel was temporarily out.
A lady that I work with records the same exact show and she isn't have any issues! How is it a local issue if other people are able to see it?

I get a yellow screen when the local facility has technical problems. I don't think it's a Dish issue. Could be your local folks are working on their equipment late night.

Definitely what he said ^he^ said and Awohar is probably onto something too.

As far as one person getting it and another not, you may be using different means of getting the station. Even if you're both on Dish, one could be using OTA and the other a sat feed.

Like I said, she could still be getting the local channel by a different means. I have dish but use the OTA tuner on my satellite receiver to watch locals. Someone else in my area could have the exact same receiver and service and not use OTA, instead using the satellite feed.

I'm getting this also, all yellow, including the white lines around the blue banner along the top of the screen (when you hit select, has the name of show, time of day, etc). In the same recording, I had yellow, then I had green, then I had the show.

I figured it was my 622 going out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts