Trouble remapping Local channels

BearcatScott

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 11, 2003
Springboro, OH
My parents have a 510 and a 4900 and have the Cincinnati local channels. However, the channels are not remapping to the local channel numbers and can only be accessed in the 8000's. Calling Dish has not helped. I also have the Cincy locals and they remap fine on my 4900, 510, and 811. The only difference in our setups is that I have an additional dish pointed at 61.5. I can't believe that having that extra dish is enabling me to get the remapped channels. Anyone have any ideas.

TIA,

Scott

Try going to Zap2it.com on the internet and put in your parents zip code. Next click on TV listings for Dish Network. If the list shows the locals that they get, the channels should remap - however you may be supprised to find as I did, that the zap2it screen shows locals from another area. In that case the channels and program info does not remap. It appears to be a glitch in the Dish system. I have written tech service and customer service but have not heard back. Please post here if the "locals" don't match> Stingray

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)