Trouble Using this Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberham

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
Halfmoon Bay, British Columbia
For a few weeks, I've noticed that using this forum has become troublesome. When using my PC, I use Internet Explorer 8 with Vista Home Premium. I cannot edit threads once I create them, but I used to do that all the time. I cannot upload photos using either IE8 or Mozilla Firefox. I don't think IE8 ever allowed me to do this, but Firefox always used to allow this. I notice that there seems to be so much code (or something!) downloading every time I change threads that it is painful to look at many threads. Sometimes my computer hangs due to this symptom.The whole experience is painful.I don't have a virus or spybot since I monitor and scan for this constantly. What I describe is a symptom of only this forum. I regularly use two other satellite forums without any of these problems.Has something changed here in the last month or so?

I moved this to the Operations Center so that Scott might see it faster. Scott the OP is talking about the FTA main forum.

Simple solution is to stop using ie. as it has a number of issues with our forum software. Issues that vBulletin does not want to fix. :(

Every day I am getting closer and closer to switching away from vbulletin.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I know it is sad I have always been a fan of vB for many sites...but I think it is time to move on.....such crap what they have turned to.

I have Vista Home Premium with IE-9 and have no trouble. Maybe if the OP moves from IE 8 to 9 it would help?

I'm a long-time user of Firefox. It worked well for me for years. Then about a year ago it caused total lockups of my PC and major trouble. I moved to IE. Maybe I should go back to Firefox since they are many versions along the path and maybe it will work well once again. I never knew IE9 could be used with Vista. I'll investigate that. I'll try the suggested satelliteguys changes too.

Added: Installed IE9. Also, will go back to using Firefox 24.0 for a while to see how that works. Edited to switch off Enhanced Attachment Uploading.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)