Trouble with 119 signal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MIshler

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 11, 2003
ontario,ny
Resolved: Trouble with 119 signal

I've recently been pulling out what little hair I have over this problem. I have a 722 and 211 connected to a DPP+Twin aimed at 110 & 119 and a DP single at 61.5. When I installed it in November, all signal levels were in the 65+ range at the receivers and using my AcuTrac 22 MKII. Over the past several weeks the signal level for 119 at the receivers has been dropping until now it's in the single digits. I've checked the dish alignment and the mount for being vertical, but all is fine. The strange thing is the AcuTrac still shows the same signal level from all three locations. Since it's winter I don't think it's foliage related, siteing down the arm places me well above any trees. I'm beginning to suspect the DPP+Twin, any other ideas?:)

Problem resolved! the azimuth had changed(probably wind) I still don't understand the AcuTrac readings but the signal is back strong as ever. Thanks for the guidance!

Last edited:
Are you sure it isn't a cable problem from the LNB to the receiver? Have you taken a receiver outside to the dish with a short cable run and tried the strength at the receiver. If that's OK, the problem would appear to be somewhere in the cable run/separator. If not, the LNB or built-in switch would seem to be at fault.

I don't believe it's the cable as both receivers are showing the same signal levels and are fed by different ports on the DPP+Twin and cables. There are no switches in this configuration. I'm leaning towards the DPP+Twin as the problem.

If your antenna is installed where access is easy, go to menu 6-1-1 point dish and signal...select 119 tsp 11. Without changing bolt torque settings, apply pressure to move dish north/south or higher/lower elevation, while someone views the tv inside. Chances are that you will find your temporary adjustments will solve the signal loss on 119. After you confirm which temporary move solves the problem, loosen the bolts that are needed and move antenna to max signal, then re-tighten. This process works for me better than using a meter at the dish.

Yeah sounds like for sure the dish has moved very slightly. I see it all the time. I see it a lot when mounted to a wood post instead of concreted metal. With every temp change the wood twists.

Yeah, much greater chance that this signal loss is being caused by alignment problems rather than DPP hardware. DPP twins have had a few problems but most of those problems relate to total failure, not problem posted.

OK thanks for the replys, I'll give that a try later this week. Right now we have winds and lake effect snow so I'll stick to watching HD. I did check the alignment last week but I'll try it against the receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)