trouble with 612

pabeader

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 18, 2004
OTP Georgia
I've done the search thing and no luck. I have recently 'upgraded' to 612 and I really don't like this thing. It freezes up. Audio drop outs. Now tonight it's telling me that it has lost satellite signal. The other 3 receivers are working just fine. Is there a list of things I should try before throwing it out a window?

I've done the search thing and no luck. I have recently 'upgraded' to 612 and I really don't like this thing. It freezes up. Audio drop outs. Now tonight it's telling me that it has lost satellite signal. The other 3 receivers are working just fine. Is there a list of things I should try before throwing it out a window?

please give the specifics of your set up

Also what sats you are pointed to and the signal strengths you are getting on the 612. Also please check the other STBs for the same info.

I just got a Dish'n It Up 612 X 2 (for each bedroom) and I haven't had a problem with either receiver other than the OTA tuner seems to be pretty feeble. I'm mixed-arc (119/110/61.5).

The reason I wanted to know the whole set up is because he might have a switch or line problem, or if they put up two dishes one might not be peaked right.

I'm mixed-arc (129/119/110/61.5) two dishes 1 1k.2 1 dual
all show ok and verified.

I have a 612 a 625 and a 311

If you give me a list of XPs I'll post the numbers

on my 625
110 highest is 55
119 highest is 75
129 highest is 61
61.5 hidhest is 59

Is there a list of things I should try before throwing it out a window?
Well... The first thing to do is to put it on the cable going to the 625 and see if the problem follows the cabling (and switch port), or rather the receiver itself. In no case should you discard that receiver, particularly if it's under warranty!

An update:
I decieded to try a "reset" and after about 20 mins of "please wait while downloading guide data" the silly thing is working fine again.
Wish I had done that earlier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)