Trouble with IR remote/E CSR saves the day!

DKCoke

Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
Southwest Virginia
I recently purchase a Samsung LN46A850. It's an amazing tv. The problem is ever time I turned on the tv and came to the Dish Network screen, my Dish IR remote (#1) wouldn't work for around 5 minutes.

I figured my remote was going bad. Changed the batteries, made sure there was nothing blocking the front of my 622. Finally, called Dish. Talked to CSR. Went over the same things. CSR told me my 622 might be going bad. Might have to replace the 622 :confused:. Told me to call back if I had any more problems.

A week later I'm still having problems. Called back. Spoke with a CSR who tried to the same line of why my remote is not working. Puts me on hold and comes back. Asks me if I recently changed tvs and if so what kind of tv I have. I tell her. She tells me that my LCD backlight on my Samsung is interfering with the IR remote. At first I think maybe she's crazy, but then she explains that the backlight in some of the newer LCDs causes this problem with the IR remote. Sends me a new UHF remote for free. I get it in 2 days. All is well. Kudos to Dish and this CSR.

Last edited:

2009 Satellite Schedule

Negotiating with Dish, Large Savings

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)