Trouble with local channel picture quality

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ccjobe

Original poster
Jan 20, 2007
Is anybody else having trouble with the picture quality of the local channels. I am in the Oklahoma City area and the locals that I receive through my VIP622 are perfect! But the same local channel from satellite has color contour lines and vertical pin stripes. Anybody else seen this?

Is anybody else having trouble with the picture quality of the local channels. I am in the Oklahoma City area and the locals that I receive through my VIP622 are perfect! But the same local channel from satellite has color contour lines and vertical pin stripes. Anybody else seen this?
Correction: The locals that look perfect are OTA! The poor quality is the same channel from satellite.

Hi,
A few easy fix things might be affecting this. Try changing the TV from channel 3 to channel 4 or visa vers and set the modulator TV1 on the 622 to ch 3 or 4. If you are using a HDMI try using a component cable or visa versa. If that don't change things try using a temporary S-Video or RCA cable.
Need to know a little more info for further sugestions. Is this on TV1 or TV2?, Are you using HDMI or Component? is this on all the TV's or just that one?

Hi,
A few easy fix things might be affecting this. Try changing the TV from channel 3 to channel 4 or visa vers and set the modulator TV1 on the 622 to ch 3 or 4. If you are using a HDMI try using a component cable or visa versa. If that don't change things try using a temporary S-Video or RCA cable.
Need to know a little more info for further sugestions. Is this on TV1 or TV2?, Are you using HDMI or Component? is this on all the TV's or just that one?

This is a 622, it does NOT output on channel 3 or 4.

Are these problems for the Sat delivered HD or SD locals. Is it on all the locals or just a particular channel. It could be a loose cable or it may interference at the point in OKC where Dish is receiving the channel.

Seems to be only HD. Affects all sat delivered locals. My VIP211 does the same thing on SAT delivered locals but dont have OTA hooked to it for comparison

Now that I check all the locals tonight it only seems to affect channel 9. It may be dish's reception of channel 9 in OKC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)