Please reply by conversation.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
Anyone having trouble with the MPEG 4 channels ?
Right now, I get NONE, SS for 103(b) show:
95 0 95 0 95 0 94 0
95 89 95 92 96 95 na na
98 na na na na 97 na na

I cannot get the NFL Network , Sci Fi , Smithsonian, AE ect.

Why am I getting the 0's and I am presuming these are the locations of these channels on the 0's I have.
Earlier in the day they worked fine, I have noticed this happening every so often , but usually around midnight and it only last for a few minutes then it comes back and everything is fine.

This time it's not coming back.
I just replaced the # 1 tuner BBC and that did NOT help.

edit : This started around 7:50 tonight and NOW it just came back in and all are working fine....

Any thoughts on what may be going on ?

Jimbo

i just checked both tuners on 103(b) and i pegged 90's already across the transponders. maybe, its just you jimbo?

i just checked both tuners on 103(b) and i pegged 90's already across the transponders. maybe, its just you jimbo?

Could be , I guess, but when it does work , which is most of the time, my SS on the HD channels is 90-100 on ALL of them.

Jimbo

same issue

I just started having the same problem as the original post. All of my HD channels are out. message says "searching for signal on satellite In (771)
I tried re-setting the receiver.... nothing. I checked 103b and it shows no signal. I watched tv around noon today and all was good. Now nothing... ANy help would be appreciated.

Greg

I just started having the same problem as the original post. All of my HD channels are out. message says "searching for signal on satellite In (771)
I tried re-setting the receiver.... nothing. I checked 103b and it shows no signal. I watched tv around noon today and all was good. Now nothing... ANy help would be appreciated.

Greg

Thank you Greg,
Nothing personal, but I'm glad your having problems, I now kniow it's not just me.
When this origianlly started happening to me it was a few weeks ago and approx midnight, so I wrote it off as possibly D* tweaking things at that time.
I am also doing the "CE's" I wrote it up to being a CE issue as well, which it may have been, the last CE was not that good for MY rec. hopefully this one today will correct those problems.

Are you doing the "CE's" ?

Jimbo

We're not doing the CEs and now we're having the same problem. Can't get HistHD or our distant network HDNBC. The 382 NBC comes in fine. Last night HD Theater was out.

same issue

I am not sure what CE's are..... So I am probably not doing them.

I am about to call customer support... I will let you know what they say.

Greg

I am not sure what CE's are..... So I am probably not doing them.

I am about to call customer support... I will let you know what they say.

Greg

Well, I have been doing the CE's and went back to an older version and it had not happened,then I went to the current CE as of last night and it has not done it since that I know of

Jimbo

Last edited:
Jimbo, there are a ton of people, including me, having the same problem. There is a thread about it over at dbstalk. Is it ok to post a link to another site here?

Jimbo, there are a ton of people, including me, having the same problem. There is a thread about it over at dbstalk. Is it ok to post a link to another site here?

Is it still happening ?
And Yes most of the time posting other links are OK provided they are related to the subject.
Scott or a mod, correct me if I am wrong on this.

Jimbo

Well...my husband called CS and the person he spoke with was essentially clueless on how to correct the problem. We just recently re-attached all our cables because of another issue, so I don't think it's loose cables (at least in our case).

I encountered the same problem on Thanksgiving night while trying to watch the NFL Network HD game. It would work for a bit then would drop into "searching for satellite" mode. I am located in SW Ohio.

Started happening to me Friday morning. During the day on Friday everything was good, but Friday night and Saturday morning all the new HD channels were doing it. Has not happened since, however.

Is it still happening ?
And Yes most of the time posting other links are OK provided they are related to the subject.
Scott or a mod, correct me if I am wrong on this.

Jimbo

It is still happening to me and several others.

Its a long thread but here you go:
DBSTalk.Com

Goodluck, I hope someone can figure out the problem.

It is still happening to me and several others.

Its a long thread but here you go:
DBSTalk.Com

Goodluck, I hope someone can figure out the problem.

Thanks, and hopefully it's a issue that D* is working to correct, that would make all of us feel better each time something doesn't work right we all go to look at our equipment for a problem ... chances are it's nothing to do with our equipment, although I suspect the BBC's have something to do with it.

Anyone notice how few threads are on the end of them, they barely fit on the end of the rec.s

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Directv 10 Channel to Transponder Mappings

No audio - CI Channel 664-1 or 773-1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)