Trouble with MPEG4 channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I suspect the software or the bbc's or a combination. The fact that a reset seems to fix the problem, usually for 24hrs for me must be a clue.

I suspect the software or the bbc's or a combination. The fact that a reset seems to fix the problem, usually for 24hrs for me must be a clue.

IF, what your saying is true, then it must be a software issue, resetting it would not change the BBC in any way.

D* should be able to fix the software, but would be hard pressed to send everyone new BBC's .

Jimbo

dumb a*s

OK... I am officially a dumba*s... After resetting and doing all the "cable checks" I finally went outside and looked at the antenna. The installer just used a pole to install my dish and when I touched it it spun around in the mud. That would explain my no signal. I pushed the satellite back about 3 inches and my HD channels are back. A different installer will be back on Wed to reinstall the dish properly.

OK... I am officially a dumba*s... After resetting and doing all the "cable checks" I finally went outside and looked at the antenna. The installer just used a pole to install my dish and when I touched it it spun around in the mud. That would explain my no signal. I pushed the satellite back about 3 inches and my HD channels are back. A different installer will be back on Wed to reinstall the dish properly.

Tell them you want concrete used this time !
Also make sure a bolt of some kind is placed in the bottom of the pole to prevent this from happening again.

Jimbo

2 HR20-700's and a H20

Jimbo

I suspected as much. It seems that people with more 5 or more HD imputs are more likely to have this problem because the dish and switch cant power that many tuners. Have you tried using a powered multiswitch?

I suspected as much. It seems that people with more 5 or more HD imputs are more likely to have this problem because the dish and switch cant power that many tuners. Have you tried using a powered multiswitch?

That is not my problem this time, as I do not have one of them set up currently, it's in the RV.

Jimbo

I had this same problem about a month ago. I noticed it when it started getting cooler at night. If the temps dropped into the 30's I'd start losing channels. I eventually replaced my Calamp dish with a newer WNC slimline dish. This solved the issue, and I haven't had a problem since. I am convinced it was the Calamp LNB. What type of dishes are you guys using?

I had this same problem about a month ago. I noticed it when it started getting cooler at night. If the temps dropped into the 30's I'd start losing channels. I eventually replaced my Calamp dish with a newer WNC slimline dish. This solved the issue, and I haven't had a problem since. I am convinced it was the Calamp LNB. What type of dishes are you guys using?

Mine IS a CalAmp, I have been using it since like 2 months after they came out.
I feel I cannot call D* out to fix this (LNB , if it is) until I have establised the problem on a regular basis, otherwise, if they come out and it's not doing it, they will be no farther along than I am.
ASo, IF it starts having this problem on a regular basis, thenI can do something. I don't think it did it at all last night.

Jimbo

I feel I cannot call D* out to fix this (LNB , if it is) until I have establised the problem on a regular basis, otherwise, if they come out and it's not doing it, they will be no farther along than I am.

It's been my experience that the guys who come out are eager to swap out components. I had an LNB that was intermittent. It wasn't acting up (I was getting all channels) when he came out but he did a swap anyway based on the fact I had called in multiple times when it was screwing up, going thru a bunch of resets etc. directed by the phone support person. He also said the junction box on the wall outside the house (switcher?) was a model that would be prone to some kind of problem as it aged (or something to that effect) and he swapped it out too, even though the LNB swap had fixed the immediate problem.

I'm probably jinxing myself but I made directv come out and replace my POS cal-amp lnb and that in combination with the WB616 has fixed my issue for the last week or so. We'll see if it lasts.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Directv 10 Channel to Transponder Mappings

No audio - CI Channel 664-1 or 773-1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)