Trouble with Remotes?

blockisle9

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
I have two 5.0 IR remotes, they are over two years old. Latley you have to push the buttons very hard for them to work. This has happened with my old tv remote in the pass and I would take it apart and wipe down the rubber and circuit board and it would be fine for awhile.
Since I do not own these I do not want to atempt this with the Dish remotes.
What is Dish,s polocy in regards to the remotes? I under stand there is a $50.00 shipping charge for the exchange of the reciever, but was wondering about the remotes.
Thank you....

I'd go directly to DISH and get some new remotes. Most of the Ebay remotes come from returned DISH systems that have come off lease. Some are like new some are slightly better than trash.

Do you have DHPP if so call and tell them you have a bad remote. They,ll send you one. Don't have DHPP sign up, 5.99/month they'll send you a new remote. When done replacing remotes, cancel DHPP. Cheaper then ebay and they are brand new not just(like new).

Thanks everyone,
How much if I dont have DHPP? They belong to Dish so im guessing they are responsible if they go bad, just like the recievers. You only pay for shipping when the reciever goes bad ($50.00). Isnt it the same with the remotes? The shipping cant be as much as the reciever.
Thanks again...