Trouble with Signal Loss

3pointers

Original poster
Jan 26, 2009
PNW
I have the VIP622 dual DVR tuner. We've had this system for 14 months on a 2-year contract :(. Practically from the beginning, we've had regular signal losses. When the weather cleared last spring, my husband went up on the roof and found that bolts on the dish were loose. After tightening them up, our signal loss diminished.

We're now having the same problem, but I don't think it's loose bolts again. It might be, but with poor weather and it being on top of our 2nd story roof, it's not that easy to check. The reason I don't think it's loose bolts again is because when I get the error screen about loss of signal, if I hit the DVR button on the remote, it brings the picture back immediately. Why would this happen and any idea how to get rid of signal loss?

We've also got our who knows how old OTA antenna hooked up due to the loss of our local ABC channel. We get a good picture, when we get it, but that channel is contantly tearing up into a lot of little boxy shapes (sorry, don't know correct term) and then losing signal. Is this due to an old antenna? I'm getting real tired of having to watch ABC on the computer.

Sounds like your dish needs re-peaked and you OTA antenna needs to be replaced or re-pointed. Call Dish and complain about the signal loss. They'll send out a Tech to correct the problem. For the OTA antenna go to this website and make sure you have the correct antenna for your location. AntennaWeb If your antenna is the correct type you might have to re-point it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts