Trouble with ViP 222 and Dish 1000.2

Jtrekker

Original poster
Apr 14, 2005
I have a brand new ViP 222 and a Dish 1000.2. I have pointed the dish using the recommended azimuth, elevation and skew. According to the setup guide, you should then peak off of 119, which I have done. However, even after peaking and trying several different variations on the dish, every time I run a switch check on the ViP 222, I only verify signal on 119. The slot for 110 and 129 show up as "X" everytime I run a switch check.

Is there any special setup with the DPP 1000.2 LNB that I'm missing here? As far as I can tell, everything seems correct. I figured that, if nothing else, I should at least be seeing 110 even if 129 is not something through. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

One thing else....have you moved the RG-6 to a different port on the triple? Tuning the 1000.2 is suggested best results on port 1 { left side viewed the way the dish points}.

Coax to port 1, then cover the left & right LNBs with aluminum foil. Unconventional, yes, but this will help insure that the 119 signal you're seeing is coming from the center LNB. This is often the best way for self-installs to get lined up on the correct bird. Works also for peaking the skew, except cover the center LNB & either one of the others (doesn't matter which)

After peaking the skew in the above manner, reverse the LNB aluminum foil covers so that the center LNB remains covered, but now you're covering the opposite outside LNB. Check your skew alignment once more. If you peaked the skew in the previous step and now you're not on peak, then the most likely cause is your dish mast pipe is not perfectly level/plumb. Re-level the dish & start over.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts