Troubleshooting help (2 issues)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sam_gordon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 21, 2009
Lexington, ky
I have a Vip612 and a Vip211(k?).

Both receivers are wired the same way...
LNB -> Diplexer (add OTA antenna) -> Diplexer (split off OTA) -> Receiver.
The second diplexer's OTA output gets split and feeds the TV and the Vip.

Issue 1
The 211 will show breakup on many channels that I watch. The last couple of days it was breaking up on NBCSN, Hallmark, and locals (shows loss of signal).

I swapped positions of the receivers and turn on NBCSN on both. Picture is rock solid. Last night, within 5 minutes, the breakup would be awful. Locals are fine on both also.

The only thing I can think of is the line going to the 211's normal position is much longer (maybe 100' total), but it is RG6. I've changed the ends of the RG6 to all be compression.

Issue 2
I had a Dish 21.1 remote controlling the 612 and a Harmony 650 controlling the 211 (and assorted other devices). I got the 650 to control the 612, but the 21.1 won't control the 211. Both receivers show using IR channel 1. The 21.1 will still control the 612, and the Harmony will control both.

Ideas? When I return from my son's basketball game, I'll put the receivers back in their normal positions and see if the problem returns. What's the next step?

I have a Vip612 and a Vip211(k?).

Both receivers are wired the same way...
LNB -> Diplexer (add OTA antenna) -> Diplexer (split off OTA) -> Receiver.
The second diplexer's OTA output gets split and feeds the TV and the Vip.

Issue 1
The 211 will show breakup on many channels that I watch. The last couple of days it was breaking up on NBCSN, Hallmark, and locals (shows loss of signal).

I swapped positions of the receivers and turn on NBCSN on both. Picture is rock solid. Last night, within 5 minutes, the breakup would be awful. Locals are fine on both also.

The only thing I can think of is the line going to the 211's normal position is much longer (maybe 100' total), but it is RG6. I've changed the ends of the RG6 to all be compression.

Issue 2
I had a Dish 21.1 remote controlling the 612 and a Harmony 650 controlling the 211 (and assorted other devices). I got the 650 to control the 612, but the 21.1 won't control the 211. Both receivers show using IR channel 1. The 21.1 will still control the 612, and the Harmony will control both.

Ideas? When I return from my son's basketball game, I'll put the receivers back in their normal positions and see if the problem returns. What's the next step?
For the second problem, flip the switch in the remote battery compartment to IR and make sure the 21.1 has the green 1 on the bottom.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Thanks. That fixed that problem.

I put the receivers back into their normal locations. The 211 will have momentary glitches, but nothing like what it was before. I'm wondering if I didn't leave them swapped for long enough.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)