TruVista

Carroll A

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 6, 2004
I am curious I am in the process of getting my own place once again and AM in Camden South Carolina. Once upon a time Charter Cable had the franchise for the city of Camden now it is TruVista. Is this company a spin off of Charter or is it its own company? I still would love to get dish but looks like I am going to have to settle for cable and was just curious about this company. Anybody know anything and can help me out I would greatly appreciate it :) thank you.

They have NO connection to Charter Communications. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TruVista_Communications

That's a GOOD thing! LOL. However, I have no clue if TruVista is any good or not.

Charter is without doubt the bottom of the barrel on EVERYTHING they handle. Though, I can say that since their bankruptcy and now that they are in reorg, they appear to be doing better on bringing everything up to a higher quality level. I have them for internet ONLY, as I have very limited choices in my rural area. Our land-line phone company (TDS TELECOM) is actually a bigger bunch of scammers when it comes to their high-priced DSL, limited bandwidth (50GB's a month, and they filter certain, ah, things...), higher cost then even Charter.

Hey thanks for the reply. Was not sure if it was a spinoff company or not. When I lived in IL I had TDs but at the time there was no data camping but because AT&T had rights to the phone lines in northern Illinois TDs could not offer they're higher speed DSL. That was two years ago the last time I had TDs. True Vista looks like an interesting cable company not sure if its a mom-and-pop company or what but they look like they are in the middle of upgrading there channels from analog to digital. They've got a really good deal for starters but then after 6 months the price goes up really expensive afterwards. I am going to look Friday an apartment and we'll see if they allow a dish. If they do then it'll be a moot point but if they don't then I will give truvista a try.