Trying to convince hr24 over client

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Kenneth_Davis

Original poster
Mar 16, 2013
I got my brother to sign up for direct tv and he is going with the genie and a client. He order his setup via Costco and then seller told him the clients are wireless now. That would have to be the c41, correct? I have been following sat guys and everything I have read indicates they are not out till at least next year? I the rep lying? Would he be getting a c31 with most likely an hr44. We love in Southern California?

I have told him he is not getting the wireless client but he won't listen to me. Would you guys suggest he get an HR 24 instead of the c-31?

Thank for any advice.

He will probably get the 41 if he is getting the 44, but while they may work wireless by some reports, that is not how they are hooked up. The wireless part is most likely referencing the wireless capability of the 44 for on demand.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Correct, the clients have wireless capability but it isn't enabled yet. The HR44 can connect to the internet wirelessly.

IMO DirecTV's very best setup is a HR44 and however many HR24's are needed for other tv's. those two units together are the best DirecTV has to offer.

I did a 44 and 24 a few days ago. I'm really glad I was talked out of the client. It also gives you some backup if the 44 goes, you still have a DVR.

I got my brother to sign up for direct tv and he is going with the genie and a client. He order his setup via Costco and then seller told him the clients are wireless now. That would have to be the c41, correct? I have been following sat guys and everything I have read indicates they are not out till at least next year? I the rep lying? Would he be getting a c31 with most likely an hr44. We love in Southern California?

I have told him he is not getting the wireless client but he won't listen to me. Would you guys suggest he get an HR 24 instead of the c-31?

Thank for any advice.

I would go HR24 myself for the extra hard drive space and tuners...

I agree with Don, go with the HR24, it doesn't rely on the 44 for tuners, also if the 44 should go down for some reason, the HR24 is a stand alone and he won't be out of TV.

The 24 in addition is your best setup for redundancy. However, I went with the the clients for two reasons. I didn't really need more tuners, and I have had great luck with tuners, and them not failing.

For me, based on price alone, that is why I went with the clients. I may very well add a 24 in the master bed in the future all of that said.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

As I've and many others have said, adding a HR24 is a good choice over the "Client", however, you'll probably need to pay for the HR24, where as the Clients are coming with the package at the moment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.