Trying to figure out what FTA receiver this is.....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Trying to figure this one out...help me with my inner geekdom :)

Picked up a low low powered religious station recently (put the antenna on the roof). Its one of those companies that buy a bunch of low powered stations and put the same thing on them...in this case Cornerstone broadcasting. This past weekend as I was flipping though I saw they were having signal issues. Now only a FTA'er would wonder this. I think they are using a consumer receiver to broadcast their channel. Before Equity (RIP) bought a low powered station here it was a MTV2 affiliate with a old Dish receiver. When we had storms you'd see the green and grey "acquiring signal" screen.

Trying to see what receiver you think they are using? I honestly dont know what they are using but I was thinking a Fortec Merc II or classic maybe?

So what do ya think it is?

Attachments

• PICT0112.JPG
    PICT0112.JPG
    732.3 KB · Views: 240
  • PICT0114.JPG
    PICT0114.JPG
    797.8 KB · Views: 217
There's a channel on SatMex 5 that has a receiver waiting for someone to update the firmware. The display is partly in Chinese or something that looks like it, and it appears to want to update the firmware from a satellite.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)