Trying to get 125 W and PBS

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ken2400

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2004
Central NY State
I am trying to get 125 W and PBS
I can get 121 and 123 W
I think I am on it and seeing
12296 H 20000
12297 V 20000

They are most likely the same transponder.
Any idea what I am on.

Using 30" dish and titanium lnb LNB
I have a 36" fiberglass BUT I don't have the feed horn for it. I wonder if my 1.8 feed horn would work?
Thanks

Reactions: spongella
With those numbers, I think you are on 129W (Ciel 2). Lyngsat says there is a spot beam (Spot 25) at that frequency which does include your area.

EDIT: I use a 80cm dish for 125W and get very strong signals for the PBS mux (90-92 right now on the AZBox).

I actually just started pulling in the montana pbs today on my motorized 90cm. Lyngsat shows that the 127 bird has occasional feeds but i hit nothing but failed tps on it. I guess internet.

if i remember correctly, SES15 @129W should have several transponders including (and maybe mostly) in lower Ku.

I think I also remember seeing many 30k data transponders on 131W Ku, spaced exactly 40 MHz.

no TV/video on any of those last time I checked. However, last year or 2 years ago SES 15 had some test pattern for a while on both polarities, as if it were circular. It was on regular Ku, not on DBS Ku

Reactions: N5XZS
Yep, I remembered the test card on the low Ku band didn't last very long though.

The 129W* bird must be used for inflight Internet plus video streamings, that's what think.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)