Trying to get 61.5

mromanik

Original poster
Jun 16, 2006
Salt Lake City UT
My daughter gave me an abandoned Dish 500 with DP twin lnb that I want to use for 61.5. I subscribe to Americas Everything Package,local package and HD package. I own an 811 & 501 on a Dish 500,DP twin for 110 & 119. I bought a DP 21 switch to hook up the second dish to the 811. I used an inexpensive satelitte finder to point the dish initially. I got a strong signal from the meter but nothing on the check switch screen or the signal screen. Do I have to call E* and tell them I am doing this so my receiver will recognize the 2nd dish?

No you don't need to call them...

But I'm trying to think about that DP twin, because since it's got a built in switch i dunno how you use it make it act like a single our dual and only have 1 satellite down the line that can go to the dp 21

I have read that it is difficult with the DP twin and I may have to run the check switch a few times. I'll keep trying before I resort to buying a single DP lnb and adaptor.

First thing to do is cover the 110 side of the LNB with tinfoil.

Second is to make sure you;'re using the feed port under the 119 eye.

NOW aim the puppy by hooking it DIRECTLY to a receiver.

Finally, hook it to the DP21 input #2, with the 110/119 LNB going to #1.

Run Check Switch and life will be good.

May want to tweak your signal a little more, for 61.5 you can easily get over 100, which will bring your low transponders above 70 or so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts