Please reply by conversation.

nhantran1986

Original poster
Mar 2, 2007
Here's what I got:

d11 reciever
international dish with 101w lnb and 95w lnb
cables 6RG6
5x8 multiswitch: 13v and 18v ok the standard 101w lnb and 95w lnb on the 18v with 22k.

I got 101w lnb good around 96+ but when I run auto-detect for 95w lnb

the setting turns to one oval lnb or dual lnb with only 101w lnb.

SO... is there any way I can find 95w signal? or get 95w into my reciever to see the 95w signals weak or strong, or a way to find 95w without a meter signal (too expensive)?

will h20 reciever works with international dish? or how about r15? will those recievers can help me detect the strength of 95w lnb signal?

thanks.

Your problem is the multiswitch. 18v 22khz is for 110/119 and can't be used for 95w. You need a flexport equipped multiswitch like the zinwell wb68. Without the proper switch your receiver simply isn't going to come up with the appropriate display and allow you to use 95.

If you're using the 101lnb on the international dish itself and getting readings of 96+, then most likely the 95lnb is aligned properly.

The R15 and H20 will work with the international dish, but operate in the exact same way the D11 does.

You MUST get the proper multiswitch first.

Your problem is the multiswitch. 18v 22khz is for 110/119 and can't be used for 95w. You need a flexport equipped multiswitch like the zinwell wb68. Without the proper switch your receiver simply isn't going to come up with the appropriate display and allow you to use 95.

If you're using the 101lnb on the international dish itself and getting readings of 96+, then most likely the 95lnb is aligned properly.

The R15 and H20 will work with the international dish, but operate in the exact same way the D11 does.

You MUST get the proper multiswitch first.

You can use a 5x8. The flex port switche's to output 18v222khz for the 95w lnb.

Here's what I got:

d11 reciever
international dish with 101w lnb and 95w lnb
cables 6RG6
5x8 multiswitch: 13v and 18v ok the standard 101w lnb and 95w lnb on the 18v with 22k.

I got 101w lnb good around 96+ but when I run auto-detect for 95w lnb

the setting turns to one oval lnb or dual lnb with only 101w lnb.

SO... is there any way I can find 95w signal? or get 95w into my reciever to see the 95w signals weak or strong, or a way to find 95w without a meter signal (too expensive)?

will h20 reciever works with international dish? or how about r15? will those recievers can help me detect the strength of 95w lnb signal?

thanks.

As long as you setting are correct on the dish, and the mast is plumb it should work.

You can use a 5x8. The flex port switche's to output 18v222khz for the 95w lnb.

Then that mean I have connected everything perfectly. But when I run the auto-detect, it always put the setting in "one oval or dual lnb" with only 101w lnb setting ( No 95w lnb anywhere in the setting).

Not only I get 96+ but often around 98 and 99 on the 101w.

I run the test:

turner : 98%
card: ok
card: ok
output: ok
phone: failed ( I don't need this yet right?).

again, is there anyway I can find out if I have "bird" the 95w lnb or see the signal strengths?
program the reciever (how you do this?) ?

and you said r15 and h20 are use auto-detect like d11 recievers too?
so r15 and h20 don't have the option to get 95w lnb in the reciever then test out the signal?

For example, in d11 if I select the setting three lnb the setting will have the 101, 119, 110 into the setting signal and then I go in the signal meter test to see the signals strength?

does r15 or h20 allow me to this?

thanks again.

btw. this is the swith I have:

Terk 5x8 Multiswitch for 8 Satellite TV Receivers
Model: BMS-58

SAT A: 13v 0khz 18v 0khz
VHF/UHF
SAT B: 13v 22khz 18v 22khz

conntect:

SAT A : connected 101w lnb -> into 13v 0 khz 18v 0 khz
SAT B : connected 95w lnb -> into 18v 22khz
VHF/UHF: didn't connected anything.

101w lnb get 96+ signals
95w lnb not on the reciever.

I just need to get the reciever to read 95w lnb signals to see if I have aligned the 95w lnb or not.

or any CHEAP signal meter to find 95w lnb.

thanks alot!

Try just connect the reciever to 95W directly; check is there SS for tp15 (it's only one tp on that satellite what carry international programs ).

btw. this is the swith I have:

Terk 5x8 Multiswitch for 8 Satellite TV Receivers
Model: BMS-58

SAT A: 13v 0khz 18v 0khz
VHF/UHF
SAT B: 13v 22khz 18v 22khz

conntect:

SAT A : connected 101w lnb -> into 13v 0 khz 18v 0 khz
SAT B : connected 95w lnb -> into 18v 22khz
VHF/UHF: didn't connected anything.

101w lnb get 96+ signals
95w lnb not on the reciever.

I just need to get the reciever to read 95w lnb signals to see if I have aligned the 95w lnb or not.

or any CHEAP signal meter to find 95w lnb.

thanks alot!

Your connections etc look fine to me, but I think you are not going to get this working without a signal meter. I have seen a couple of posts from DirecTV installers saying that installation of the 95 sat is by far the most difficult because you can't use the receiver to give you signal strengths for the install - if the dish does not see the satellite the receiver will not auto-detect, and so will not give you anything on 95, it says it can't even see the LNB. You have to set up the dish for 95 using a signal strength meter, then connect the receiver and run autodetect.

Your connections etc look fine to me, but I think you are not going to get this working without a signal meter. I have seen a couple of posts from DirecTV installers saying that installation of the 95 sat is by far the most difficult because you can't use the receiver to give you signal strengths for the install - if the dish does not see the satellite the receiver will not auto-detect, and so will not give you anything on 95, it says it can't even see the LNB. You have to set up the dish for 95 using a signal strength meter, then connect the receiver and run autodetect.

Which is why the next time I install an international dish, I'm going to configure one of my receivers to it also, and then keep it with me.

is SF-10S Satellite Signal strength Meter would be good to find 95w? That's the only cheap meter I could find.

Status
Please reply by conversation.