Trying To Get Suddenlink Service

tgermon71

Original poster
Oct 16, 2010
nc
Hello, Is there anyone on here, who works with suddenlink, in eastern NC, that can find out if a certain area may be in the works to get internet service? My road, Wayne Road, Vanceboro, NC, is off of hwy 118 which has just had cable lines run. They did not run it down any side roads. I am half a mile down Wayne Road from hwy 118. I checked with the New Bern office, and they said the cable was not suddenlink's. The cable was run this past summer. The cable is located west of Vanceboro, NC on hwy 118 from Piney Neck Road, and goes 4.8 miles, to honolulu road. Now there are round white posts with orange signs at every pole where the cable goes up or down that says buried fiber optic cable, Suddenlink. Why would they say it is not their cable? Maybe it goes to someone special and is a big secret. Is it possible someone paid to have it run to them? Can some other company run some cables and put suddenlink signs up without suddenlink knowing? I don't understand why someone would run a cable 4.8 miles and not offer anyone service. Is there any way to get up with a suddenlink engineer or construction department by phone or email? We need something better than satellite internet.

The manager at the New Bern suddenlink said, for them to run new cables, there would have to be between 24 to 28 houses per mile and 60% would have to sign up. He said, if they will not make money they will not do it. Also said a petition would not do any good, they would not even look at it.

A few years back, before any broadband was brought to my area, Suddenlink ran a dedicated fiber to a school in my area. They would not bring their services to the residents however, saying it would cost too much. Perhaps there is a business or school that is getting broadband? Kind of funny how Suddenlink cannot afford to do it yet since they ran that fiber Frontier and another cable company came in and provided broadband to the residents of this community. Suddenlink does not like going to small communities.

To get the best answer to your question would probally be best if someone from the cable company were to come to your home and explain the process of getting cable to you property. Call the cable company and tell them you live right off Hwy 118 and you want to get internet. Hopefully they will create a work order for such and within a week a tech will make a visit. When the tech arrives to tell you that lines have not been run down your road, tell him your want him to request a visit from a suddenlink rep to discuss getting cable to your property. Soon someone will come to discuss the options if any.

Sometimes theres a right way to say something. Our local electric co. wanted $3,000 to run electric to a mans new house. He ran into the VP of the co. and he told him to order a night light. Next week they put the electric in ,no charge.

If your luck is like mine, they will just simply say that it is not available in your area. You will probably need to talk to someone higher up to get any information and any results. In our area we had a petition to get broadband and they said it would take 400 people in our small community to get it. They decided to put it in anyways at around 200 signatures. I see 5 boxes that Frontier put in each capable of 48 ports each and that is not even covering the entire area.

Hi- My name is Shannon and I am with Suddenlink. I would be happy to look into this for you. Please email me your address at shannon-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)