Trying to have tweak done

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

esteban

Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
Chi-town
I, like many on this forum, felt the need to have some tweaking done on my dish due to low readings i.e. low 60's on 103b and mid-eighties on 101.

I have the tech here now and he is having problems figuring out what the problem is with the low readings. I have the dish installed on my wood siding on the rear of the house. He first moved the dish down about six inches because he thought the eaves were too close of the top of the dish.

Unfortunately, moving the dish didn't work. I had him replace the lnb's and that didn't make a difference either. So now he is going to put up a new dish itself.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Is the technician using a hand-held meter, or the receiver? It is important to rule out anything that you have inside the house when trying to aim the dish.

Replacing the dish isn't a bad idea as the dish itself may be warped or incorrectly assembled.

I'd be suspicious of some poor cabling.

It is also possible that your receiver is having issues.

That will be four cents please.

Thanks for the reply. Well, he put up the new dish and was able to get 97 on one of the 119 transponders. However, he's either getting no signals or weak ones on the other sats. Also, apparently he is having problems with his battery running low on his meter now.

The tech was at my house for over three hours, to include moving the dish, changing the LNB's and eventually replacing the dish itself. After all of that, I saw only marginal gains in signal readings. Now, 103(b) tops out around 72, with 119 having the highest average readings at 97.

I will give this a couple of weeks to see if anything improves with these readings once D* is done messing around with things up there.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts