Trying to hook up 7 TVs

Wrangler3383

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Mar 27, 2008
CT
So my parents are trying to get 7 TVs hooked up. I know there a limitations to the standard equipment in that you can only hook up a certain number. Can anyone tell me the best/cheapest way to get this many TVs hooked up? Do we have to buy additional equipment from best buy? Any further explanation of these situations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Wrangler3383

Mar 27, 2008
CT
What were they talking about buying some extra piece of equipment from best buy in order to do that many? Sorry to be vague, but this is what I get for not being there during the install instead of my parents.

boba

SatelliteGuys Master
Dec 12, 2003
Dorchester, TX.
Wrangler please tell us what the have and what they really wanted to get. As long as they have DISH Network you can forget BB they sell Directv not DISH.

dolmar

SatelliteGuys Family
Aug 11, 2008
There is no issue having more than 4 tuners on a Dish network account. The 4 tuner limits only applies to amount of equipment Dish Network will lease you. If you are willing to buy 7 Vip722 at the full price of $599.99 per box from many of the E* retailers that sell equipment that is your choice and E* will add them to your account no questions asked but you will have to pay $7 programing fee per receiver and a $5.98 DVR fee per receiver.

Dish will only lease you up to 4 tuners per account. That means you can lease 2 Vip722 or 4 Vip211 or any combination of receivers that add up to 4 tuners you like. Anything above that limit you need to buy.

MikeD-C05

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Nederland , Texas
There is no issue having more than 4 tuners on a Dish network account. The 4 tuner limits only applies to amount of equipment Dish Network will lease you. If you are willing to buy 7 Vip722 at the full price of $599.99 per box from many of the E* retailers that sell equipment that is your choice and E* will add them to your account no questions asked but you will have to pay $7 programing fee per receiver and a $5.98 DVR fee per receiver.

Dish will only lease you up to 4 tuners per account. That means you can lease 2 Vip722 or 4 Vip211 or any combination of receivers that add up to 4 tuners you like. Anything above that limit you need to buy.

Actually it is only $389.00 at dishstore.net and $399.00 at dishdepot.com for the 722. You would pay about 599.99 if you went through DISH itself.

Wrangler3383

Mar 27, 2008
CT
Thanks guys for all your replies. The tech said they would need a leapfrog device. That makes no sense to me whatsoever because it is simply a unit which converts an IR remote receiver into an RF one.

I think their best bet if they got all the programming through Dish, would be to get two 722s and 3 211s. However I think that the fees will cause them to shy away from this configuration. ~$62 just in fees is a bit ridiculous, if I read your post correctly. I think I will recommend to them that they get two 722s for their HD sets, and keep basic cable on the other TVs. You guys think this is probably the best/cheapest way to go?

Last edited:

odbrv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 21, 2004
Lubbock, Tx
The fee costs are also dependent on programming package. If they get the everything package, they eliminate the DVR fees. They get one receiver fee in the cost of the programming package. So with the everything package I would get 2 leased 722s . They take care of 2 HD tvs and 2 SD tvs. I would then buy a 722 for 1 more HD set and the final SD set. For the last HD set buy a 612. Your fees would be for the 3 additional receivers or $21 per month. If you don't get the everything package, there would be an additional 4 x $5.98 DVR fee. Of course there are other options. How many of the 7 tvs will be used at the same time? The option above assumes all might be used at the same time and will be watching different channels. I have 3 receivers running 8( 2 HD and 6 SD ) sets. However, only 5 ( 2 HD and 3 SD ) sets have their own programming. The other 3 SD sets share the same programming with another SD set using a 4900 receiver and a full house cable network. Being only 2 people we never have a conflict. In reality, most of the time we use only 2 of the sets at the same time. When we have had company, we have used 4 sets. So our system has never been used to full capacity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)