trying to hook up dih 500 >:(

whiteandnerdy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 8, 2008
Western North Carolina
hello there
i bought a 2nd dish500 to take camping with us. right now i have it set up in the driveway on a completely level pole-in-cement-bucket mount. i have it set identical to the dish 500 on my roof but i cant seem to get a signal. this is with a 322 receiver.

also, when i try to hook the cable up to the number 2 on the LNB, it causes the reciever to just shut off :/ what causes this sort of thing? could it be a bad LNB?

thanks for your time and have a great day :up

First off, you should be making and breaking connections with the receiver plugged in, much less active.

Next, as boba points out, your second Dish500 may not be using the same LNB type as the one on your roof. Make sure you remove the DPP Separator if there's one connected. This will eliminate most of the possible troubles of trying to use DPP equipment with a DP dish.

no, theyre both Dish Pro Plus

but i did return it and get a new one as they closed at 5 for the weekend. now im hitting the 110 but not the 119, as when i highlight 119 it says wrong sat - echostar 110. but i guess that just means for alignment is nessecary

Or just move the dish ever so slowly to the west.
This won't fix that kind of problem. If you're seeing 110W through the 119W LNB, you'll likely need to make some elevation adjustments as well.

It is a good idea to get in the habit of starting from scratch with the best available dish settings if you're going on the road. You won't survive very far from home using the same settings as the home dish. Scoping out the destinations with dishpointer.com is a good start. Having a level and a compass and knowing how to use them are also helpful tools.

right. well when i say "camping" i mean we have a camper at the lake, about 1 hr away from home. once we get it set up we'll be leaving it there permanetly.

i tried it today and couldnt for the life of me hit 119!!!! i kept getting 110 thru the 119, only like 30 percent. then i hit some kinda niqua-91 or something??? but could not get 119 and 110. if im hitting the 110 thru the 119, what kind of slight adjustments need to be made?

souds like it is in your lining of dish im wondering why u not doing this at the lake cause your going need to do 2nd time when u take it there

souds like it is in your lining of dish im wondering why u not doing this at the lake cause your going need to do 2nd time when u take it there
Did it not occur to you that he wants to learn how to do the procedure quickly and accurately while he still has TV from his roof dish and not at the cabin where he and his family have nothing until he successfully gets the dish aligned, not to mention I bet he has no Internet or phone service to use to get assistance there.

Did it not occur to you that he wants to learn how to do the procedure quickly and accurately while he still has TV from his roof dish and not at the cabin where he and his family have nothing until he successfully gets the dish aligned, not to mention I bet he has no Internet or phone service to use to get assistance there.
exactly :up theres no internet over there to get help from you guys!

did it occure to you he has sevice at home, and wants to set up 2nd dish at cabin, so if he sets 2nd dish at home hes still gonna need 2 do it again at cabin, so why do it 2x, hes not gonna loose service at home less he messes with 1st dish

well fine if u wanted to play. at the lake it can be whole deffrent story trees etc in way . i did not mean nothing by my ? i was just wondering why cause you will need to relinen dish anyways.. to test the dish , hook it up 2 reciver go to set up screen see if u get beeping sound if so it should be good.. God sorry for tring to help..

well fine if u wanted to play. at the lake it can be whole deffrent story trees etc in way . i did not mean nothing by my ? i was just wondering why cause you will need to relinen dish anyways.. to test the dish , hook it up 2 reciver go to set up screen see if u get beeping sound if so it should be good.. God sorry for tring to help..

j8, no offense but your posts are hard as heck to read. This really isn't a place for text messaging type communication. This is a technical forum so complete sentences with proper grammar, capitalization and punctuation are helpful to most. Just a suggestion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)