trying to set up Time Warner cable internet for a satellite TV customer

PJW99

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 22, 2007
I was wondering if you guys could help me. Im trying to set up Time Warner's high speed service for my in laws. They have Dish Network TV service and Im concerned about knocking out their TV service while trying to set up their broadband service. An install technician came by to set it up, but didnt do anything on the inside of the house. He left the cable modem, an ethernet cable and a coax cable at the door.

Is there any kind of online guide or tutorial that shows how to set up service for someone that has satellite TV?

That sucks.....I've never ordered cable internet myself, but it seems to me that the TW guy left the job half done. Or was it a case of nobody being home to let they guy in for the modem installation?

Did you call them and ask?

//greg//

I was at work, and neither of my in-laws were home when the technician came. In addition to the bag of cables and modem, there was a work order mentioning that everything was "wired for service" or something like that. I havent called them yet, but I was thinking about calling them early on Monday.

is there any other cable outlets in the house that aren't being used by the dish system? If there is... the cable guy may have hooked up the open outlets hoping maybe the computer was located at one of those locations.
If you can find an open cable jack, hook up the modem and see if it locks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)