Trying to stop timer recording while maintaining the file

CCUBAN

Original poster
Jan 16, 2006
Is there a way to stop recording early from the timer and still have the mp3 recorded up to the time I stopped the recording? If so, what is the process to do so. Thanks in advance for your replies.

great question. I too would like to know this.

I do know that if you interrupt the timer recording then NO FILES will be saved in the TEMPTRAX directory.

CCUBAN said:
Is there a way to stop recording early from the timer and still have the mp3 recorded up to the time I stopped the recording? If so, what is the process to do so. Thanks in advance for your replies.

I would bet that you would need to TERMINATE the application in the TASK MANAGER so that its threads are totally terminated and has now chance of cleaning up the temp mp3 file in the temp directory.

Its the only way I know of in the Time Trax Recast to get that temp file in its current state.

Not sure what you are trying to over come...

If you turn off PerfectTrax you should be able to stop the recording while maintaining the file.

I will test this in the lab later tonight.

Derek

I just go back to the timer schedule page and change the ending time to a minute or two after the current time, then I save. After a few seconds, the recording time remaining will change and your recording will stop at the new stop time.

I do exactly what the guy right up above says. just change the time to aminute later. So you just gotta wait minute to stop it. I think even when you turn off the perfect Trax and you stop it by turning off the TT, it will delete the temp file. I've done it and had that happen. It's a shame sometimes you gotts learn that the hard way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)