Trying to use the Dual Tuner of my R22-100 with a Dual LNB dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nunya249

Original poster
May 31, 2009
arizona
Hi everyone,

I am hoping someone can help me since DTV customer service is useless, and I seem to be too dense to figure out what you all have told other people to do in this forum. :)

I am trying to get my dual tuner DVR to work so I can record two shows at once with only a dual LNB dish, a 3x4 multi-switch and 3 lines coming into the house.

Specifically, here is what I have:
* A dual LNB dish that I have had since 1999 or 2000, mounted on my roof.
* A R22-100 Dual Tuner DVR that is relatively new
* A new Zinwell SAM-3402 3x4 Multi-Switch 40-2150 MHz DirectTV approved
* Two RG6 jumper cables from the dual LNB to the Zinwell 3x4 multi-switch, SAT connections, with a terminator cap on the ANT connection.
* Three RG59 or RG6 cables from the 3x4 multi-switch into the house from connections Rx2,Rx3, and Rx4, with a terminator cap on the Rx1 connection.

I have 2 of the 3 cables running into the living room and into the R22 DVR. One of the cables is into the SAT-1 Input and the other is into the SAT-2 input.

The 3rd cable is running into a bedroom. (It does not currently have receiver hooked to it, but the line is not accessible to be moved.)

DTV told me that all I had to do was get this 3x4 switch and hook it up as I have explained here. Then push the red reset button on the DVR and I would be able to use the dual tuner to record 2 shows at once, or record one show and watch another at the same time.

I have done all of this and yet, I still cannot get it to let me change the channel while the DVR is recording without canceling the recording. It says "all available tuners are currently in use".

Can anyone PLEASE tell me what I have done wrong here?

I simply want to be able to record 2 channels at once or record one show and watch another at the same time with my dual tuner DVR .

THANK YOU!

First of all, I don't believe terminators are needed on that multiswitch.

As a test, I would connect the DVR directly to the dish. Bypass the multiswitch and run the two lines to the DVR.

Check the system information screen to verify that the DVR is set to use both tuners.

Have you verifed that only one tuner us recording when you select to change the channel?

Thank you.

I have tried hooking it up with both cables directly to the dual LNB, and it still gives me the same message about all tuners being in use when I try to record and change the channel at the same time.

When I go into the system setup information and check the transponders signal strength, everything under tuner 2 says "0." I do not see anywhere in the setup menu to specifically set it to dual tuners. Do you know where I might find that?

Thank you.

I went back through the Info Menu again and I see where it says:
Tuner 1: SAT, Record
Tuner 2: SAT

Do I need to do something to change this so both tuners say SAT, Record?
If so, the DTV guy set it up the first time, so I'm not sure what to do to change it.

Thanks again!

You need to go through guided setup and select dual tuner operation.
Some DVR receivers will do this automatically when it detects that two cables are connected.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts