? TSREADER capabilities with S2 capable cards?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

B.J.

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 15, 2008
Western Maine
I've been looking to pick up another S2 capable PC card receiver to compliment or even replace my TT3200 and Twinhan 1020a cards (Twinhan isn't S2 capable, and I'm always having to switch cables to look at Ku S2 signals since I generally keep the Twinhan on Ku, and TT on C-band). I've been watching the Prof and DVBWorld cards, and also have heard good things about a TeVii S470 card. The problem, however is that I want a card that is compatable with TSREADER, and unless I'm mistaken, none of these cards seems to be supported by TSREADER, although I see that some older version DVBWorld cards are supported.
My main reasons for wanting TSREADER compatability are both the stream analyzing aspect, but also the ability to do HTTP and/or UDP streaming.

Anyway, I am curious whether any users of the Prof/DVBWorld/TeVii cards are able to use these cards with TSREADER, and/or does the software you are using with these cards allow you to do HTTP or UDP streaming? Also, are any of you using any real time stream analysis program with any of these cards? I understand that TSREADER has a UDP source, so I assume that you could use TSREADER to view a UDP stream, but that would only be of whatever program you were streaming, unless there is a way to stream the whole TS of the mux, not just one channel.

Anyway, just wondering what workarounds there are with these cards to accomplish the capabilities of TSREADER.

I'm using a pretty current version of TSReader and it has a new BDA module that supports DVB-S tuners. I have not tried my older DVB World DVB-S2 tuners, but I have run the current generation Prof 7301 and 7500 tuners with it successfully. I do not believe TSReader can support DiSEqC through this interface, yet, but this is no issue for my limited needs of it. I have not used TSReader's streaming output extensively, but others claim it's very flexible. The Prof cards seem to work fine on both DVB-S and DVB-S2 because it seems their driver will lock to anything at the given frequency regardless of how commanded. So TSReader does not have to specifically tell the driver what type of signal you desire to receive.

Separately Prof has some software to support IP/DVB. I've loaded it and played a little, but not enough to know whether it would suit your purposes.

Didn't work with a TT-3200 DVB-S2 card, that's for sure.

TSReader does have Tevii DVB-S2 cards as a source, use one all the time, I have the Tevii S660 that works great for me in TSReader.

The DVBWorld S2 tuners are not supported by TSReader.
You can multicast UDP a channel or channels from the DVBWorld program and pick it up with TSReader or you can use the the included TsCapture program to save the transport stream and open it with TSReader as a file.

I'm using a pretty current version of TSReader and it has a new BDA module that supports DVB-S tuners. I have not tried my older DVB World DVB-S2 tuners, but I have run the current generation Prof 7301 and 7500 tuners with it successfully. I do not believe TSReader can support DiSEqC through this interface, yet, but this is no issue for my limited needs of it. I have not used TSReader's streaming output extensively, but others claim it's very flexible. .......

THanks. Good to know. I hadn't heard about the new BDA module. People have been waiting for that for a couple years. The DiseqC isn't necessary, as both my C and Ku are slaved. Thanks.

Didn't work with a TT-3200 DVB-S2 card, that's for sure.

Well, it works for what I use it for, but it is a bit flakey. :) Similar to what Pendragon described of the Prof, the 3200 seems to lock no matter what FEC, and doesn't need pilot info, and can be off more than 20 MHz, so you can't post freq/SR/FEC data based on it locking with the 3200. It also tends to occasionally turn off the S/Q meters, and counters for some reason. Also, the 3200 isn't very sensitive. But it does work. I record and stream from it all the time.

TSReader does have Tevii DVB-S2 cards as a source, use one all the time, I have the Tevii S660 that works great for me in TSReader.

THanks. I had been to the TSREADER web page, and didn't see that listed, but I just looked at the source list, and you're right, it's listed there. That's good to know. I guess Rod hasn't updated his web page for a while.

The DVBWorld S2 tuners are not supported by TSReader.
You can multicast UDP a channel or channels from the DVBWorld program and pick it up with TSReader or you can use the the included TsCapture program to save the transport stream and open it with TSReader as a file.
Good that it can stream the UDP. I assume the Azbox would work with that. I've streamed UDP to my Roku, but it's not quite as good as HTTP streaming, but with the Azbox, UDP seems to work much better than HTTP.
I'd really like to be able to have TSREADER see the whole TS live though, as just looking at channels wouldn't pick up hidden channels, and saving the whole TS is kind of clunky.

Anyway, thanks for all the responses. It's looking like there are more workable options than I thought.

Where did you buy it? Is there a US source of this card, or did you get it from Europe?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts