Tune signal with old receiver

ilfoman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 18, 2011
North
I need to re-tune 119W. I have an old 4900 which I can easily take outside by the dish. Is it possible to use this set-up? If yes, what TP should I tune to? thanks for your help.

I need to re-tune 119W. I have an old 4900 which I can easily take outside by the dish. Is it possible to use this set-up? If yes, what TP should I tune to? thanks for your help.
A 4900 is a QPSK receiver, which will not work at all for the 119 satellite with everything being broadcast in 8PSK now.

OP is only using it for it's signal meter and not trying to activate it. It should work for what he wants to use it for.
Yes, correct - thanks. I don't want to activate the 4900, just use it to tune. I will connect to a 211k in the house for programming.

Yes, correct - thanks. I don't want to activate the 4900, just use it to tune. I will connect to a 211k in the house for programming.

I don't think that's correct. You can't use a 4900 to tune in an 8PSK transponder, even to peak the dish. I had one of those which I gave to my mother for her Sky Angel sub, knowing (haha) that I could use it to peak her dish once I mounted it. I couldn't find the sat to save my life! I had to hire professional help who had it peaked in about 5 minutes. It was only then that I discovered that most of the transponders on 61.5 were already 8PSK, and I had not tried tuning in one of the QPSK transponders using that 4900. :(

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts