Tuner Choice In Timers? (ViP622)

dgpruitt

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 21, 2006
Pojoaque, NM
Is there a way to select the tuner (TV1 or TV2) the DVR will use when you create a timer?

I had a timer scheduled to record something on one of the HD Locals channels. While waiting on the timer to kick in, I was watching something on HDNET. I expected the timer to kick in and change channels for me and move me over to the HD Local channel. However, what happened is the timer just recorded the Local channel in SD on TV2 instead.

I went to look at the Timer setup, and the timer is configured to use TV2. I want to change this to TV1. How do I do this?

I would like to be able to setup timers and dedicate which tuner each timer uses, however, I can't seem to find a way to do it.

Thanks for any help with this.

The fact that it recorded in SD has nothing to do with which Tuner it is using. Tuner 1, Tuner 2 and the OTA Tuner are all capable of recording in HD. You must have set the timer to record on an SD channel. If you are in single user mode it doesn't matter which one programs are recorded on because if you tune to a channel the box will automatically use the other tuner. If you are in dual user mode you can use the record plus option to set the default tuner as either 1 or 2.

I thought the TV2 tuner is SD-only. My installer told me that the TV1 tuner is HD, and the TV2 tuner was SD... I'm using the 622 in Single-mode. One TV connected via HDMI.

So, do I understand correctly that there are actually two HD satellite tuners (plus the OTA HD tuner)?

Both satellite tuners in the 622 as well as the OTA tuner are HD. The TV2 output, is SD only.

That is correct. There are two satellite tuners and 1 OTA tuner all of which can record HD. This is a common misconception. TV2 output is SD only (if you are sending the signal to a second TV any HD content is downconverted to SD).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)