Turbo Add-Ons

kovach

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 24, 2006
St. Louis
I believe I read you can add the stereo non-Sirius channels for $4.99.

Besides those, and the Platinum HD and Locals, is there anything else you can add? Like premium movie channels?

Does "Locals" include your RSN?

No. You can't add premium channels. They don't want your money. :rolleyes:

(Sorry to be a jerk, but what are you getting at?)

Actually, there is a valid question there...do "locals" include RSNs? The answer is no.

BUT, I thought the Turbo packages were supposed to include RSNs anyway. No mention of them on the new website. Was I mistaken?

The new website has other mistakes, most notably that is says Sci-Fi Channel is a "Gold Channel". (It should say Science Channel.)

I did not think that the Sirus radio channels were an add on, but you can add HBO, Showtime, Starz, & CMax movie packages for a price. Also, Playboy and other XXX channels are all ala carte. Go to the Dish online site. All packages are described there.

Someone on this site stated sometime over the last several months that you could indeed pay 4.99 for the 30 or so CD music channels, being an Absolute sub. :shrugs:

That package has always been around. There's a lot of things that aren't advertised. I think you can still get the Encore channels for $4.99.

But that's not what the OP was asking. He's talking about this obscure package most people wouldn't know exists, and then he comes and asks if they sell HBO. It was just a weird question. Maybe I misunderstood.

Didn't think it was that odd of a question, but let me rephrase it....I have AEP now...but I tend to only watch the HD channels (plus my RSN and locals in both SD and HD) and listen to some of the music channels. Trying to lower my costs but get as close to what I actually watch and listen to. Any recommendations??

Didn't think it was that odd of a question, but let me rephrase it....I have AEP now...but I tend to only watch the HD channels (plus my RSN and locals in both SD and HD) and listen to some of the music channels. Trying to lower my costs but get as close to what I actually watch and listen to. Any recommendations??

Anything you can add to a standard package, you can add to "TurboHD".

Maybe you could tell us what you WANT to get, and then people could tell you what's possible. You already know about one of the most obscure ones.

I see that no one has answered the RSN question yet. I thought that was one of the whole points of Turbo, that it included RSNs. But there's no mention on the website (except Big Ten.). Can someone confirm?

Maybe you could tell us what you WANT to get, and then people could tell you what's possible. You already know about one of the most obscure ones.

I see that no one has answered the RSN question yet. I thought that was one of the whole points of Turbo, that it included RSNs. But there's no mention on the website (except Big Ten.). Can someone confirm?

I think you answered most of my question, except the RSN one.

I was hoping by eliminating many of the SD channels I don't watch would save me some decent money, but after adding it up, it comes to just under $11 savings.

AEP + HD + Locals = $110.97.
TurboGold + Platinum + Locals + 4 Premium Movie Pak + Music = $99.98.

I'm guessing I'd again have to start paying the DVR fee ($5.98) too if getting rid of AEP, which shrinks that savings even more, to barely over $5.

Doesn't appear worth giving up all the additional music channels (like Sirius) for a measly $5 savings. Plus, wouldn't consider it until FNC HD and the Viacom HD comes along (wife would kill me without her reality shows!).

I am a relatively new sub with turbo gold in Dallas, and I get the RSN (Fox Sportsnet Southwest). However, I also subscribe to the locals, so I am not sure if I am getting the sports net because I have those as well.

A few months back when I signed up for Turbo Gold and Platnum I asked to get the Sirius music and they said it wasn't available unless i subscribed to the "SD" packages.

Seems odd they would make Turbo packages and not include the Sirious OR at least not allow a $5 upgrade for those.

The Turbo packages are suppose to be replacing the SD packages for those of us with HD, so why is Sirius not an option?

NO way I would pay for a SD package to get the sirius. THAT defeats the whole point of the Turbo packages!

He's not talking about the Sirius channels. Just the "CD" channels. I'm not sure how the Sirius deal works. You'd think they be happy to offer it at an additional cost.

JD- Thanks, that answers it...RSNs are not part of Locals, so that means they are at least included with Turbo Gold. My bet is that they are also in Turbo Silver, but maybe not Bronze? Don't know why they aren't listed on the website.

I too have looked at Turbo to save some money, but it's just not worth it to me at this point. They would have to get Rainbow, Comcast, Viacom, AND Fox added before I would consider it (and sadly just for a couple channels, or even shows...Comedy Central, IFC, The Soup, & It's Always Sunny...) And then, I would still miss TCM. At this point, I'll probably drop the Platinum HD channels (again) and maybe Showtime, unless they get some more HD feeds.

He's not talking about the Sirius channels. Just the "CD" channels. I'm not sure how the Sirius deal works. You'd think they be happy to offer it at an additional cost.

JD- Thanks, that answers it...RSNs are not part of Locals, so that means they are at least included with Turbo Gold. My bet is that they are also in Turbo Silver, but maybe not Bronze? Don't know why they aren't listed on the website.

I too have looked at Turbo to save some money, but it's just not worth it to me at this point. They would have to get Rainbow, Comcast, Viacom, AND Fox added before I would consider it (and sadly just for a couple channels, or even shows...Comedy Central, IFC, The Soup, & It's Always Sunny...) And then, I would still miss TCM. At this point, I'll probably drop the Platinum HD channels (again) and maybe Showtime, unless they get some more HD feeds.

Yeah, I switched over from Time Warner to get my Turbo Gold, and it has been well worth it (18 hd channels at the time for TWC Dallas to 75+ for Dish), but I do miss FX and Comedy Central in particular... :(

Then again, I do get to watch 40 episodes of HD Emeril Green!! ... ... ... :rolleyes: