Turbo Gold question - Buffalo, NY DMA

cparker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 8, 2007
Sanborn, NY
I am looking at the Turbo packages and maybe it's just 'cause I'm an old fart, but I'm having a bit of trouble determining all the ins-and-outs.

Parts of this question are specific to the Buffalo, NY DMA

I currently have AT250, DVR Advantage, HD, HBO, Cinemax (locals in the DVR Adv). I have a 622 in the living room and a 508 in the bedroom. I am considering upgrading teh 508 to a 612. All receiver locations have both phone and network available.

I am thinking about getting Turbo Gold, with locals and HBO, but I can not tell if doing this would mean I'd miss all of the Sabres games. Sabres games are carried by MSG, but they end up on one of the (non-HD) ALT channels (like 446 or near there)

If going Turbo means I miss the Sabres games then that's a deal breaker for sure. I'd just stay with what I have and still think about upgrading that bedroom receiver to a 612.

Anyone got a box of clues for this old man? Can ya kind of outline what I'd be looking at price-wise? With all the fees and junk they throw in, I'm not sure I'd be saving that much.

Thanks

I believe you will lose MSG. This is the same problem that I had. Unfortunately you can't add the sports package for $5.99 a month either which would give you msg. They will tell you that you can and will actually add it for you... but then you will have to call them back and tell them that you are still not getting the channels... then they will say thats because you can't have the sports package with the HD gold package. grrr. Don't worry, they said they are adding MSGHD in April 2008. I am still waiting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts