Turbo HD customers-Do we get platinum free after 8-1?

bela_blasko2006

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 4, 2006
Bartlesville, OK
do we get it free or do i have to drop it first? Or is it never free with turbo-very confused here. Also with more and more stations going HD wont it soon be HD or nothing? In that event won't there only be HD packages with the non HD period just getting downconverts to SD.

Dish hasn't said. I'm betting the Turbo packs are going away. If you sub to Platinum now, you can keep it grandfathered with your current Turbo pack. If you want to add it, I bet they will tell you to sign up for a classic pack and add HD. It actually isn't that raw of deal if you ask me. Say you get turbo bronze, DVR, Locals, and Platinum.

$30 base + $6 DVR + $5 Locals + $10 platinum = $51

Now replace that with classic bronze "with DVR" pack (which I also understand to include locals)

$45 base + $10 "HD+Platinum" = $55. A $4 premium, and you get a few more SD channels. Not bad. Unless I misunderstood something and the $45 pack doesn't include locals, in which case you are looking at a $9 premium, and that isn't so good a deal.

Other than you will get more HD with Classic Bronze HD than you would with TurboHD Bronze.

There were a few HD channels added to the BronzeHD add on that the TurboHD Bronze folks did not get.

So yes, Classic HD will be a bit of a premium for HD, but you are getting more HD too ...

The new "with DVR" better include locals ... I would be severely bummed if my DDA Classic Bronze HD conversion to Classic Bronze HD with DVR involved a price increase.

All signs point to TurboHD subs get the shaft once again. It is truly hard to imagine how DISH could be treating their TurboHD subs any worse! It is almost as if DISH is pissed at their TurboHD subs and trying to run them all off. In all likelihood, I'll be granting them that wish after my commitment period has expired.

Dish hasn't said. I'm betting the Turbo packs are going away. If you sub to Platinum now, you can keep it grandfathered with your current Turbo pack. If you want to add it, I bet they will tell you to sign up for a classic pack and add HD. It actually isn't that raw of deal if you ask me. Say you get turbo bronze, DVR, Locals, and Platinum.

$30 base + $6 DVR + $5 Locals + $10 platinum = $51

Now replace that with classic bronze "with DVR" pack (which I also understand to include locals)

$45 base + $10 "HD+Platinum" = $55. A $4 premium, and you get a few more SD channels. Not bad. Unless I misunderstood something and the $45 pack doesn't include locals, in which case you are looking at a $9 premium, and that isn't so good a deal.
Actually you can currently get TurhoHD Bronze with DishDVR Advantage (which includes locals and DVR fee) for $40 so adding the Platinum makes it $50 -- not $51. That said, for those that don't care about Platinum (and let's face it the packages doesn't really offer much) the switch to Classic+HD with cost $14-19/month -- which looks pretty hefty when you're paying just $40/month!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts