Turbo HD package subscribers...there may be hope!!!

york4311

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2009
USA
Still miffed about HD channels available via Bronze HD, but not available via Turbo HD Bronze, I chatted with a Dish Network Rep. In that chat, the rep stated that the new HD channels will be added to the Turbo HD Bronze package soon, but could give me no date, when I pressed for a date.

Now, this could just be they were trying to avoid my questioning, or it could be that they are indeed altering the channel line ups in the Turbo HD packages.

I just wanted to give you this single, shimmer of hope that maybe, just maybe the color tiers will actually line up and be equal.

Here is my chat session:

Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...
You have been connected to (23-12-3) Kim C..
(23-12-3) Kim C.: Thank you for being a valued DISH Network customer, I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me 2-3 minutes to access your account and review the information you have already provided.
(23-12-3) Kim C.: I see that you have questions regarding HD channel line up, is that correct?
SatGUy: Yes.
(23-12-3) Kim C.: I will be more than happy to assist you with that today.
(23-12-3) Kim C.: At this time Nickelodeon HD has not been added to any TurboHD package.
(23-12-3) Kim C.: Unfortunately, there is no date as to when it will be added to these packages.
SatGUy: Why not? I thought TurboHD meant it would have the same HD as Classic HD? TurboHD does not get all of the new HD then?
(23-12-3) Kim C.: We are constantly evaluating the programming in our packages and this is always subject to change. Please refer to dishnetwork.com for programming updates as it is your best source for information.
Gavin: So TurboHD Bronze and Classic BronzeHD has different HD selections? Boy ... that is confusing!
(23-12-3) Kim C.: That is correct.
(23-12-3) Kim C.: I am sorry for any frustration regarding this issue.
(23-12-3) Kim C.: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
SatGUy: Sadly no ... I really like the price of the TurboHD, but if I have to guess as if I will get a channel or not, I will go elsewhere. Thanks for your time.
(23-12-3) Kim C.: You're welcome.
(23-12-3) Kim C.: Thank you for being a DISH Network customer and have a great day.
Thank you for visiting Dish Network. You may now close this window.
Your session has ended. You may now close this window.

Kind of funny I thought ...

Here is my chat session:

(23-12-3) Kim C.: Thank you for being a valued DISH Network customer, I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me 2-3 minutes to access your account and review the information you have already provided.
(23-12-3) Kim C.: I see that you have questions regarding HD channel line up, is that correct?
SatGUy: Yes.
(23-12-3) Kim C.: At this time Nickelodeon HD has not been added to any TurboHD package.
(23-12-3) Kim C.: Unfortunately, there is no date as to when it will be added to these packages.
SatGUy: Why not? I thought TurboHD meant it would have the same HD as Classic HD? TurboHD does not get all of the new HD then?
(23-12-3) Kim C.: We are constantly evaluating the programming in our packages and this is always subject to change. Please refer to dishnetwork.com for programming updates as it is your best source for information.
Gavin: So TurboHD Bronze and Classic BronzeHD has different HD selections? Boy ... that is confusing!
SatGUy: Sadly no ... I really like the price of the TurboHD, but if I have to guess as if I will get a channel or not, I will go elsewhere. Thanks for your time.
(23-12-3) Kim C.: Thank you for being a DISH Network customer and have a great day.

Sorry to tell you, but there is nothing to get your hopes up about based on this conversation. They have been telling customers that exact same thing since this all started with the exclusion of the Fox HD's from Turbo packages. "We are always evaluating packages..." mumbo jumbo is the exact same phrasing they have been using for weeks...you see where we are so far. BTW, just realized this conversation was not with the OP...my comments are more directed at him than you OAK...sorry about that.

Sorry to tell you, but there is nothing to get your hopes up about based on this conversation. They have been telling customers that exact same thing since this all started with the exclusion of the Fox HD's from Turbo packages. "We are always evaluating packages..." mumbo jumbo is the exact same phrasing they have been using for weeks...you see where we are so far. BTW, just realized this conversation was not with the OP...my comments are more directed at him than you OAK...sorry about that.

That was the purpose of my chat ... if the CSRs are saying "soon" I wonder what the chat folks are saying ... sadly the chat folks had no interest at all ...

my dish chat today

my dish chat today
(03) Shaun C.: Thank you for being a valued DISH Network customer, I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me 2-3 minutes to access your account and review the information you have already provided.
(03) Shaun C.: Your patience is greatly appreciated.
(03) Shaun C.: May I know what are the HD channels that you are looking for?
KM: well, a csr informed me that hd locals are available to me in hd, then we got disconnected
KM: I was also texting to find out why I am not getting the hd channels that correspond to the bronze classic in my bronze turbohd lineup
(03) Shaun C.: I'm sorry. It might be due to technical difficulties.
(03) Shaun C.: I will help you with that.
KM: seems i should since the hd channels like mtv, vh1 and foxnews and bet are all available as channels in the classic bronze, why then am I not recieving them in the turbobronze?
(03) Shaun C.: I see that locals are not available in your area.
(03) Shaun C.: We are working on our deal with the Locals and we fully anticipate making Locals available to our subscribers in HD in your area soon. Please continue to check back with us in the next couple of weeks.
KM: so there is a plan to make the locals available in my specific area?
KM: in hd?
(03) Shaun C.: We are constantly adding channels on a regular basis to our line-up and continue to provide the widest variety of HD programming options available anywhere.
(03) Shaun C.: As you have been a wonderful customer of Dish Network, I will pass on your feedback to the concerned department on your behalf.
KM: i understand, I am very happy with the quality BUT I am really concerned about the fact that I am not recieving the new HD channels that correspond with the bronze package
KM: is this going to be resolved soon?
(03) Shaun C.: I will help you with that information.
(03) Shaun C.: Let me inform you that all the channels which you have mentioned are available in classic bronze 100 with Bronze HD package. They are not available in Turbo HD packages as of now.
(03) Shaun C.: but, we are looking forward to add them to all the packages in the near future.
(03) Shaun C.: I can provide you the link, where you can forward your request to the appropriate department.
KM: so will the bronze hd channels be added soon? the ones that correspond to the bronzeclassic package?
(03) Shaun C.: Based on the customers request we will add them soon to your package.
(03) Shaun C.: Yes, they will be added soon.
(03) Shaun C.: Have I answered everything to your satisfaction?
KM: I was just wondering if the hd locals are in the works for my specific area?
(03) Shaun C.: As of now they are not available, but, we are pretty sure that they will be added soon.
(03) Shaun C.: Please check with us back with in few weeks for most updated news.
KM: ok, thank you
(03) Shaun C.: You're very welcome.
KM: have a nice day
KM: yes, thank you
(03) Shaun C.: I'm glad we were able to take care of that for you. Thank you for being a DISH Network customer, have a blessed day.
spacer.gif

Am I in the minority? I'm on Turbo HD Silver DDA, and I get FNC HD, Nick HD, Spike HD, and the rest of the Viacoms that the regular silver package gets. Has someone screwed up my account?

Am I in the minority? I'm on Turbo HD Silver DDA, and I get FNC HD, Nick HD, Spike HD, and the rest of the Viacoms that the regular silver package gets. Has someone screwed up my account?

Yup. You and I are among the few lucky ones on this. Not sure what makes our accounts special.

I'm on turbo gold and I get fox news and all the viacoms. I'm not complaining, but I'd be interested to know how some get them and others don't. I signed up for Turbo the day it became available to reg subs. I didn't go the CEO route to get it early. Not sure if that has something to do with it. Might have just been the timing of when it was added.

I too don't see anything that gives me hope. They are just lying to their customers telling them "soon" in hopes they can keep stringing them along and they won't leave. Dish Network seems to show a pattern of lying -- and not just the CSRs. The CEO explicitly said the large prices to the TurboHD packages would be worth it because of all the programming, yet the $10 price hikes to TurboHD packages are getting them less new HD programming that other packages that only went up $3-5.

Here is my chat session:

(23-12-3) Kim C.: Thank you for being a valued DISH Network customer, I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me 2-3 minutes to access your account and review the information you have already provided. (23-12-3) Kim C.: I see that you have questions regarding HD channel line up, is that correct? SatGUy: Yes.
(23-12-3) Kim C.: At this time Nickelodeon HD has not been added to any TurboHD package. (23-12-3) Kim C.: Unfortunately, there is no date as to when it will be added to these packages. SatGUy: Why not? I thought TurboHD meant it would have the same HD as Classic HD? TurboHD does not get all of the new HD then?

I think she actually typed out only ONE sentence during that whole conversation with you. All the rest appear to be canned responses that they probably insert in the comments with the push of a button. It's ridiculous!! :rolleyes:

my dish chat today
(03) Shaun C.: Thank you for being a valued DISH Network customer, I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me 2-3 minutes to access your account and review the information you have already provided.
(03) Shaun C.: Your patience is greatly appreciated.
(03) Shaun C.: May I know what are the HD channels that you are looking for?
KM: well, a csr informed me that hd locals are available to me in hd, then we got disconnected
KM: I was also texting to find out why I am not getting the hd channels that correspond to the bronze classic in my bronze turbohd lineup
(03) Shaun C.: I'm sorry. It might be due to technical difficulties.
(03) Shaun C.: I will help you with that.
KM: seems i should since the hd channels like mtv, vh1 and foxnews and bet are all available as channels in the classic bronze, why then am I not recieving them in the turbobronze?
(03) Shaun C.: I see that locals are not available in your area.
(03) Shaun C.: We are working on our deal with the Locals and we fully anticipate making Locals available to our subscribers in HD in your area soon. Please continue to check back with us in the next couple of weeks.
KM: so there is a plan to make the locals available in my specific area?
KM: in hd?
(03) Shaun C.: We are constantly adding channels on a regular basis to our line-up and continue to provide the widest variety of HD programming options available anywhere.
(03) Shaun C.: As you have been a wonderful customer of Dish Network, I will pass on your feedback to the concerned department on your behalf.
KM: i understand, I am very happy with the quality BUT I am really concerned about the fact that I am not recieving the new HD channels that correspond with the bronze package
KM: is this going to be resolved soon?
(03) Shaun C.: I will help you with that information.
(03) Shaun C.: Let me inform you that all the channels which you have mentioned are available in classic bronze 100 with Bronze HD package. They are not available in Turbo HD packages as of now.
(03) Shaun C.: but, we are looking forward to add them to all the packages in the near future.
(03) Shaun C.: I can provide you the link, where you can forward your request to the appropriate department.
KM: so will the bronze hd channels be added soon? the ones that correspond to the bronzeclassic package?
(03) Shaun C.: Based on the customers request we will add them soon to your package.
(03) Shaun C.: Yes, they will be added soon.
KM: I was just wondering if the hd locals are in the works for my specific area?
(03) Shaun C.: As of now they are not available, but, we are pretty sure that they will be added soon.
(03) Shaun C.: Please check with us back with in few weeks for most updated news.
KM: ok, thank you
(03) Shaun C.: You're very welcome.
KM: have a nice day
KM: yes, thank you
(03) Shaun C.: I'm glad we were able to take care of that for you. Thank you for being a DISH Network customer, have a blessed day.
spacer.gif

Sounds like he was talking to a computer...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts