"Turbocharged" 622 now acting up

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rprice54

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 17, 2006
Ever since the little "TurboHD" icon with the message that our 622 has been turbocharged popped up, we have been having problems with our DVR. Live TV works fine, except I don't watch any live TV- it's all off the DVR. We never had problems with it before.

The biggest problem is occasionally the video will stutter, like it's missing 2 out of 3 frames. The sound continues no problem, but the video is jerky. If I go downstairs (DVR kept in the basement thanks to UHF remotes) and turn it off and then back on, it works fine.

Also, I'm starting to have some serious A/V sync issues, where the audio is either 1 second too fast or too slow, which is really annoying. This I can't seem to get rid of. It seems to affect some recordings and not others, but the recordings that are affected can't be fixed. I'm guessing it got recorded that way.

We've also noticed a lot more pixellation from time to time- it seems like a part on the screen will explode with lots of boxes, faces will actually melt, and then it snaps back after a few seconds.

So is this what the new MPEG4 service looks like? It seems like my reciever can't keep up with the demands.

Anyone else notice this?

The jerkiness and sync issues on my 622 have been there since before we were turbofied, as George W might say.

The frequency of pixelation and melting is relatively new and very annoying.

I have another issue. Twice, when I have turned on my receiver, I have a small picture in the corner of my screen and blackness in the rest. When I have checked my HD set-up, it has been at 1080i which is where it had been. The first time it happened, I had to reboot and it came back. The second time, I changed my HD setting to 720P and I got the full picture. I then went in and changed it back to 1080i. Since this has happened 2x since turbofication, I think this has caused it.

I've also had a bunch of yellow screens during the olympics. I haven't seen that anywhere else, I'm hoping it's an NBC thing and not dish.

I've had a problem where everytime I turn on the box the guide always thinks I am on channel 403 when in reality it is on a different channel.

Also lots of problems with the DVR starting to record a show and then not stopping, just recording for hours.

Ever since the little "TurboHD" icon with the message that our 622 has been turbocharged popped up, we have been having problems with our DVR. Live TV works fine, except I don't watch any live TV- it's all off the DVR. We never had problems with it before.

The biggest problem is occasionally the video will stutter, like it's missing 2 out of 3 frames. The sound continues no problem, but the video is jerky. If I go downstairs (DVR kept in the basement thanks to UHF remotes) and turn it off and then back on, it works fine.

Also, I'm starting to have some serious A/V sync issues, where the audio is either 1 second too fast or too slow, which is really annoying. This I can't seem to get rid of. It seems to affect some recordings and not others, but the recordings that are affected can't be fixed. I'm guessing it got recorded that way.

We've also noticed a lot more pixellation from time to time- it seems like a part on the screen will explode with lots of boxes, faces will actually melt, and then it snaps back after a few seconds.

So is this what the new MPEG4 service looks like? It seems like my reciever can't keep up with the demands.

Anyone else notice this?

What new MPEG4? MPEG4 has been here for quite a while now.

The 722 used to only stutter during SD DVR playback. Since Turbo Charging the problem has increased, greatly. Stutter is no longer isolated to SD playback, it now happens when watching live TV. It is so bad that it skips over full serves during the US Open. Sound has begun dropping out lately, too.

The 722 used to only stutter during SD DVR playback. Since Turbo Charging the problem has increased, greatly. Stutter is no longer isolated to SD playback, it now happens when watching live TV. It is so bad that it skips over full serves during the US Open. Sound has begun dropping out lately, too.
Sounds like it is overheating.

I've had the stuttering problem on and off with my 622 for quite a while too (before Turbo). Audio plays fine but video skips.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)