TurboHD no longer a tab on Dishnetwork.com...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

FitzAusTex

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 3, 2007
Austin, TX
You can still navigate to the TurboHD packages by selecting the Packages tab -> English Programming, but TurboHD is no longer one of the red 'tabs' at the top of their homepage. Wonder what this means exactly...maybe nothing, maybe a move away from those packages?

Methinks it is not a good sign. The reason I signed with E* instead of D* was because of an HD only package. I wonder if we will soon learn that Turbo will be discontinued, one year to the date it was launched.

Tonight on Charlie Chat they announce (drumroll please) Dish Ultra HD, the first true all HD programming solution from dishnetwork (the package is in no way related to a similarly name channel no longer on our sevice).

I mean, it was about this time last year they went from Absolute to Turbo; time for another name change.
BTW - this topic really isn't a Technical Issue, shouldn't it be in the main dish forum??

Tonight on Charlie Chat they announce (drumroll please) Dish Ultra HD, the first true all HD programming solution from dishnetwork (the package is in no way related to a similarly name channel no longer on our sevice).

I mean, it was about this time last year they went from Absolute to Turbo; time for another name change.
BTW - this topic really isn't a Technical Issue, shouldn't it be in the main dish forum??
I thought I had opened it in the main dish forum...oops.

Looking online ... Nick HD is not listed for example. I don't see Fox News HD in Bronze either. Not seeing Speed HD either ...

Ok, so I am finding the Turbo HD tab on SOME pages on their website. (either they are sloppy taking them down or made a mistake).

For Instance (trying to find the answer to Scott's question), I used the search box and typed "Gold HD" trying to find the HD add on channel page (which I can't find). On the search results page, the Turbo HD tab is on the menu bar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)