TurboHD, which direction is the dish aiming toward?

denzillion

Original poster
Oct 10, 2008
Hello All,

I am newbie to this dish. I am ready to sign up for TurboHD. I live in Chicago land area. I am trying to find out where exactly is the dish suppose to aim for Turbo HD.

I have an clear opening to South and West. I called customer service and some retailers. They don't seem to know for sure which general direction. All they kept on telling is south..south..south. However most of the dish including Directv around my place are all facing southwest.

Can anyone help me? Thanks

I have no idea what kind of dish I am using. I am getting TurboHD Bronze w/ local and DVR for 1 TV. I am just a newbie. I tried looking at dish pointer map. However I do not know which satellite to use.

I don't have the receiver or dish with me. I am signing up and see if I could get the signal, given that I only have opening to south and west sky.

Thanks

South.. South.. South.. could be very true here. If you can see a little bit off to the south east as well you could very well be a perfect candidate for the new Dish 1000.4 (a.k.a. the eastern arc dish).

Forget about that "turbo" stuff. Thats just the way they are marketing their HD these days. Most of the HD channels (not all) come from 61.5 or 129. Chicago now has a choice between the two but most say stay away from 129 as the signal is very weak at this time. Your local HD's (networks and RSN's) are simulcasted on both 61.5 and 129.

If you have a view of the 61.5 satellite, the 1000.4 is the dish you want. If not, you will need a Dish 1000.2 to see 110, 119 and 129 for all your channels but I'd say get the 1000.4 if 61.5 is possible to view. The other satellites you would view with this dish are at 72 and 77 and they are almost south.. south.. south.. of your location. This dish would be pointed about SSE of your location.

Man... I may be out of luck. I have no opening to East at all. Its south toward west. I will have to wait and see what the installer find out.

basically if you want to find out what tyme of dsh you have go to your system info screen menu opts 6-1-3 and check field d if im not mistaken will say device and it will tell you what tyme of dish you have and what sat location your dish is pointing at hope this helps.

I have the installer come out a week from now. I will let you know b/c I am hoping that I can get a decent signal from satellite 129 b/c I have no chance of openings for Eastern Arc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts