Turning off TV2 after Remote Access?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

glowrdr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
I've seen some older threads on this, but nothing that had an acceptable answer. Is there a way to turn off TV2 without physically having the remote? I currently have TV2 hooked up to a little 19" TV that actually just sits on top of my AVR in the basement (sold my 55", got the 19 for free with my other TV purchase)

I don't have any real reason for this question - but I'd like to shut off the blinding blue light on the front of my receiver if possible. I tried via the RA app, but no luck. ANybody have any good ideas? I'm assuming it will at least time out like TV1 will do after inactivity?

I guess that's what I get for playing with my iPhone on the can. lol - thought I was being clever watching the game.

electrical_tape.jpg

You cold just cover-up the "blinding blue light." Just don't do anything permanent or damaging, or upon return Dish will charge you the full retail price of the 922. A lot of people cover-up objectionable lights, but I'm not one of them. I LOVE and NEED as many indication lights as possible. So, others can chime in with there favorite solutions for "blinding lights."

I actually use magnets to cover up some of the lights on my KVM switch that I use in my upstairs office. Don't get me wrong - I love me some lights. But I find nothing more obtrusive than a raw blue LED light. I think it's just the color spectrum of it or something? The green/yellow/red ones don't bug me - just the blue. ANd I've got a Belkin PF60 with something like a 2x3 inch blue display that doesn't bother me either. But I guess that's more indiglo rather than blazing blue light (blazing as in it actually shines on the wall on the other side of the room like a little blue spotlight)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)