Tv 2 over coax works using remote access

MikeD-C05

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Nederland , Texas
I found out today by accident that while I am on the computer using remote access , that tv 2 over coax works . It shows what ever I am watching on remote access. My wife was in the bedroom watching American Idol , and the tv changed to NCIS , which I was watching over the computer. She screamed to come look at it to see why it was interrupting her show . So tv 2 does work if you are on the computer . Funny if you are watching it in hd mode over remote access it fills the screen on the tv and if you are watching in sd it leaves black bars on the tv. It is a mirror of what ever you are doing on line, checking the guide etc. OF course when you check out online , it turns off and goes back to a mirror of tv 1 again.

I found out today by accident that while I am on the computer using remote access , that tv 2 over coax works . It shows what ever I am watching on remote access. My wife was in the bedroom watching American Idol , and the tv changed to NCIS , which I was watching over the computer. She screamed to come look at it to see why it was interrupting her show . So tv 2 does work if you are on the computer . Funny if you are watching it in hd mode over remote access it fills the screen on the tv and if you are watching in sd it leaves black bars on the tv. It is a mirror of what ever you are doing on line, checking the guide etc. OF course when you check out online , it turns off and goes back to a mirror of tv 1 again.

MikeD-C05, does the 922 have a Home Distribution coax port? I have three 722s connected to a 12 port splitter in my home distribution system and want to trade in a 722 for a 922. But, if there isn't a single and dual mode capability I don't think I will get one. In another forum you mention that a HD media extender might be coming in June. What will that do? Thanks for your help.

Yes , it has the same whole house distribution output for coax just like my 722k did. I get tv 1 on 60 and tv 2 on 62 over coax. But it won't work over coax for tv 2 output, except for when you are on remote access over the computer. The hd media extender will allow you to see tv 2 in HD on a second tv using sling. This will make the 922 a great receiver for watching two different shows in hd at the same time in two different rooms.

The thin media extender will have hdmi output to your tv and digital sound for your a/v receiver in another room. Using sling it will allow you to see tv 2 in hd on another tv. The 922 will operate in single mode with pip unless you activate the hd tv2 in the other room using the hd media extender. Then it will operate in dual mode while you are watching it. The 922 will be the only receiver you will need if you have two person household with two hd tvs. My son uses a 211k with dvr software in his room. So that is the way we will use it.

Yes , it has the same whole house distribution output for coax just like my 722k did. I get tv 1 on 60 and tv 2 on 62 over coax. But it won't work over coax for tv 2 output, except for when you are on remote access over the computer. The hd media extender will allow you to see tv 2 in HD on a second tv using sling. This will make the 922 a great receiver for watching two different shows in hd at the same time in two different rooms.

The thin media extender will have hdmi output to your tv and digital sound for your a/v receiver in another room. Using sling it will allow you to see tv 2 in hd on another tv. The 922 will operate in single mode with pip unless you activate the hd tv2 in the other room using the hd media extender. Then it will operate in dual mode while you are watching it. The 922 will be the only receiver you will need if you have two person household with two hd tvs. My son uses a 211k with dvr software in his room. So that is the way we will use it.

OK, thanks for clearing this up. I don't use the TV2 out connectors on any of the DVRs. But, I use the hell out of the home distribution on three DVRs. I will call tomorrow and see if I can Dish it up.

The thin media extender will have hdmi output to your tv and digital sound for your a/v receiver in another room. Using sling it will allow you to see tv 2 in hd on another tv. The 922 will be the only receiver you will need if you have two person household with two hd tvs.

HD on the second tv is one of the main reasons I got the 922 instead of the 722k. After reading this tread and the linked one by "Lphybred" I still have a question for you all. When you are in sling mode for tv2 can you use a second 32.0 remote for tv2 or do you need to use the vitual remote? Will the media extender allow the use of the second remote?

The only issues I have with this receiver are having to use Dish's servers for Sling and access to tv2 via it's own dedicated remote, otherwise I love the 922.

M

You can use another 32 remote and flip the tab at the bottom to tv2 and everything works fine

The home distribution is the tv2 out

Are you sure the home distribution is the TV2 out? I found a pic of the back of the 922. It looks pretty much the same of my 722k. There are TV2 out ports and a home distribution port. I do not use any TV2 out ports on all of my 722/ks DVRs. On three of my 722/ks I use the home distribution ports. I keep all three DVRs in TV1 shared view mode. Once in a great while, if required, I put the 722 in the kitchen in dual mode so all TVs in my home distribution system can use TV2 tuner. Does the 922 work the same way? I am not interested in using the TV2 out ports, just the home distribution port. I need to know before I order a 922. Thanks for any ones help.

The Vip922 I have has "Home Distribution" coax on the back - no "TV-2" labeled one.
Also - you need to set your Vip922 on "Shared View" ON in Settings to be able to see the guide / etc when using coax.

I only have 1 coax cable going to my current DVR. Can you diplex the signal from the home distribution coax into the coax carrying the satellite signal?

i haqve a 922 with the second tv but the signal of the second remoted are to far the box what i am goona do i tried like a 222 or 722 with the splitter but nothing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)