TV 2 Picture Quality

I'm an installer, too. I hate these dual tuner recievers with a passion for just this reason. First of all, you need to get those channel numbers matching. Put the reciever in cable mode, since that would be easiest. Then, your TV channel should match what your reciever is putting out. Personally, I use 73 whenever possible, with 60 being second choice. Only once have I ever used anything different, and that was because I was dealing with a TV with a lost remote and thus, no access to the menu. This is what I would do if I were standing in your house:

a) Try 73

b) Disconnect any other equipment beween the 322 tv2 out and the 75 ohm jack on the tv. Just today, I had a VCR causing static in the picture. I discussed it with the customer and we left it unhooked. Yesterday, it was an Xbox RF Adapter.

c) run a new temporary line straight from TV2 out to the TV.

if #C doesn't fix the problem, hook the new cable to your other TV and check the picture. If it is good to go (and it should be), your problem is the other TV.

Splitters and barrel connectors can go bad. I don't think it makes a difference if you use a 1 GHz or a 3 GHz barrel on a TV2 run. You are only passing one freq. on that line. Nowhere near taxing for a 1GHz barrel. I find that if you get a fuzzy pic on the "air" side, it will clear up by switching to cable mode, and vice versa.

Also, if that line goes out side and has any splices, make sure there is no rust in them. that is always fun to deal with.

I changed the channel output on the tuner to channel 29 AIR and set the television to channel 29 Antenna. Picture looks 100000000000 times better. Very clear and sharp now. Thank you for all the input!! Hope anyone else with this problem this helped them out. :)

Cool. With just 1 50' run of coax, you usually don't need any amplification assuming the connectors and cable are good, but we didn't know about the mismatched channel issue when we gave that advice.

If you were to split the signal off into multiple outlets with various lengths, you would likely need an amplifier (and possible some attenuators).

Glad you got it resolved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)