I was asked to call "Receiver Auditing"

MCinMT

Original poster
Jan 18, 2006
Has anyone had their service stopped at asked to call "Receiver Auditing"? I did this from work, and they say that I need to have every receiver plugged into a phone line, which I don't. Any thoughts?

They are going to make you read the info off the system information screen for every receiver on your account.

Your receivers don't have to be connected to a phoneline. They will tell you that, but there are people who don't have a home phone (use cell only) who have dish.

If all of your receivers are at home, this will be painless.

If you do not have them hooked up to the phone they will ask you to go to each box, turn on the TV and read some numbers to them over the phone so they can verify them.

fittdog8848 said:
What exactly do they ask for. Meaning is it just the System ID location ID and Date/time?

System ID?
Location ID?
Software Version?
Switch Configuration?
What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

NightRyder

Last edited:
They just ask for info off the System Info screen.

Smart Card Number, Boot Strap Version, just what ever.

The main thing is the location ID.

It's not an actual location ID where they can tell where the receiver is, but it changes every 10 minutes on the 10's :)00, :10, :20, ect) so you'd have to had seen it within the last 10 minutes.

They amplify the call so they can hear if you run to your neighbor's house or use a cell phone, ect to get the numbers from someone else.

I had three receivers, two of them were hooked up. The person I spoke to first was an idiot and an #@!hole. He would not wait for me go in the garage and get the third one... which I had not hooked up since our move. To top that off, I had deactivated one of the two 311s I had, and I did not know which one was active and which one was not. They would not tell me the serial number on the box and let me hook up the right one. I hung up on the guy and called back.

This time around I got a lady... she was more friendly and explained why they were asking me to do this. I was more receptive to their needs once I knew why they were troubling me. The whole ordeal wasted over an hour of time as we had to hook all four, I had to drag in an old 19" TV, to hook up the deactivated one as the techs are not authorized to give us any info till the test is complete, about the receivers.

Once the 'test' was completed, she identified the deactivated receiver for me!

It is painful, but the alternative is to have phone lines hooked up to receivers... I don't like that.

TV 2 Picture Quality

"Super" (LOL) Dish question??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts