I was asked to call "Receiver Auditing"

mlrtime3 said:
Is that 6 receivers or 6 "tuners" Can you have 6 dual tuner receivers?

WOW that's a lot of television, are there that many channels worth watching ! :D Try putting a good book in some of those rooms :devil:

Sorry dont know for sure the answer to your question, but i very much suspect receivers are the limit, not tuners, due to the growth in dual tuner receivers.

The 6 receiver limit is just that, 6 receivers. They can be dual tuners with dual tv outputs.

If you wanted Tivo or DirecTv's version of the DVR, how much EPG data do you get without the phoneline connected?

Stargazer said:
The 6 receiver limit is just that, 6 receivers. They can be dual tuners with dual tv outputs.
If you wanted Tivo or DirecTv's version of the DVR, how much EPG data do you get without the phoneline connected?
They must allow more than 6 receivers, if they didn't i wouldn't be able to have 8 receivers or 16 tuners
simple way to answer this is dial account audit team and ask, they will tell you 8 receivers or 16 tuners
just a phone call away from finding out the truth
1-888-371-9077

dont know all my tivos are connecterd to phoneline, i think i get around 10-14 days with phone line connection to tivo

Last edited:
Stargazer said:
DJ Rob, please please tell me that you are joking. Why on earth would Dish Network want to audit someone with just one receiver? How could that person be hacking? If they are going to go that extreme Hello DirecTv! At least with DirecTv I wouldnt have to worry about rude auditors. What does DirecTv do deactivate receivers not connected to a phoneline? Does this mean if I have a cell phone only and want to go with DirecTv that its not an option for more than one receiver?

The only reason I can think of that maybe justifies a call from Dish is that I had my 6000 swapped under warranty in December and they didn't take my old 6000 off my account for about a month after they got it back.

That could be a good possibility. I do not know why they are requiring an audit for receivers that have been shut off. They wanted location id's on two receivers that I had turned off a while back and said I failed the audit because I did not give them the location id's on them even though they were shut off. They locked my account and I called back and I finally got them to unlock it. It would have been a HUGE mistake if they didnt unlock it. I would have cost them LOTS of business.

I have not heard of many with two receivers getting audited. It is mostly those with four or more receivers that get audited. Most people I know have an average of two receivers.

mlrtime3 said:
Is that 6 receivers or 6 "tuners" Can you have 6 dual tuner receivers?

Specifically, it's 6 RECEIVERS - all of them can either be single or dual tuner, since all receivers (single or dual tuner) have only ONE set of R & S numbers tied to them.

Bruno said:
Rich I believe that the only reason that DTV does not care is because they have not been able to send out a different set of numbers to DTV receivers. Hide and watch it will not take DTV long once they get the new reprogramable receivers out there to start checking. So if ur cheating the system dont be in a hurry to swap out ur equipment.

BTW dont say never..Satellite Business news just had a reort on a US postal boss who had 10 receivers on one account. The USPS boss had given each one of his employees a receiver that was on his account. All 10 postal workers are facing federal racketeering and conspiacy charges.

Damn stamps will be going up again probably...:)
OK last I herd it was 8 deputies in Texas that got busted for account sharing.

dishrich said:
Specifically, it's 6 RECEIVERS - all of them can either be single or dual tuner, since all receivers (single or dual tuner) have only ONE set of R & S numbers tied to them.
you're wrong, otherwise i wouldn't have 8 receivers on my 1 residential account

stone phillips420 said:
you're wrong, otherwise i wouldn't have 8 receivers on my 1 residential account

Well, let me let you in on a secret then...
Normally, it's a limit of 6 receivers per account, due to a limitation of the number of receiver "slots" in their billing system. BUT, what E* has been doing in some instances, is to start another "account" for additional receivers that is tied back to your primary account. They normally don't like doing this & normally, they INSIST that on these accounts that ALL receivers get hooked to a phone line.

This info comes from good sources at Claude's board, unless they recently changed the limit of receivers per account... ;)

dishrich said:
Well, let me let you in on a secret then...
Normally, it's a limit of 6 receivers per account, due to a limitation of the number of receiver "slots" in their billing system. BUT, what E* has been doing in some instances, is to start another "account" for additional receivers that is tied back to your primary account. They normally don't like doing this & normally, they INSIST that on these accounts that ALL receivers get hooked to a phone line.
This info comes from good sources at Claude's board, unless they recently changed the limit of receivers per account... ;)
that very well could be all i know on my residential account i have 8 recievers for a total of 13 tuners

Hello,
How do they let you know to call "receiver auditing"? I authorized my 5th and final receiver today and they told me that i might have to talk to their auditing team if I didn't hook all 5 of them to a phone line. Do they really expect you to run phone line all over your house?? I think cable is looking better than I thought!! Thanks

Normally Dish Network only allows six receivers but they will allow more under certain circumstances. I have had others say in other threads where they were also allowed eight receivers.

rduck1 said:
Hello,
How do they let you know to call "receiver auditing"? I authorized my 5th and final receiver today and they told me that i might have to talk to their auditing team if I didn't hook all 5 of them to a phone line. Do they really expect you to run phone line all over your house?? I think cable is looking better than I thought!! Thanks

If you don't want to be bothered by the Audit Team that often then I would run a line to each receiver. Having 5 receivers makes you a prime canidate for an audit. You can purchase wireless phone extenders.

Most people around here would just switch to DirecTv or back to cable because they would state that the satellite company is getting plenty of extra money off of those additional outlet fees that they charge and enough on the monthly bill, that cable or DirecTv would not require all of those expensive wireless phone line extenders.

Heyya..I have a question...what about subs who are totally deaf? If they call the auditing team..it would take some time I presume. I have 4 recievers...3 in house and 1 in the RV. How would I know that they want me to be audited? My house has not had land line phone for almost 3 years, and I certainly plan to keep it that way. Any suggestions? If you guys are wondering how I do my communication needs, I do it through the internet, and video phone conferencing (without going into great detail)

Simple....they cut off your box so you must call in if they cannot contact you any other way.

I went through the audit several weeks ago with 6 STBs. Almost 2 hours worth of running all over the house due primarily to a bad videocable on the 942 and their lack of a composite video output on tuner 1.

They claim that the audits come up at random. I stated I had no land line and had told them as such 4 months ago when I activated a 942 and paid the extra charge. They stated that I might not get audited again for 3 years - or could get audited in 3 months - totally random.

I'm sure it's random, but you move up to the top of the list once a stb doesn't call in :)

As for why they would audit with 1 stb, apparently they can tell if there is an outstanding balance on the PPV because someone thought they would not have to pay if they didn't plug the phone in.

Scott Greczkowski said:
They just shut off my receivers. I don't believe they ever called me and my wife is very upset. :(

GRRR!!

Have fun with the audit Nazis. ;) If you can, record the call, it could make for interesting listening if you are unlucky enough to get one of the nasty ones.

NightRyder

TV 2 Picture Quality

"Super" (LOL) Dish question??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)