I was asked to call "Receiver Auditing"

Stargazer said:
Most people around here would just switch to DirecTv or back to cable because they would state that the satellite company is getting plenty of extra money off of those additional outlet fees that they charge and enough on the monthly bill, that cable or DirecTv would not require all of those expensive wireless phone line extenders.
Directv audits too. So that leaves cable.

I have to wonder if all this auditing is even worth it to dish network. The company I work for once hire an internal auditor to make sure all of our billing was correct and our customers were getting charged for everything they were supposed to be. This person worked for us about a year and was find $2-3,000 dollars a month in billing oversights that would have slipped threw the cracks but then someone wised up and realized they were paying her $40,000 a year so they we were actually losing money by having her there and catching this stuff. when she quit she was never replaced. It was decided if an undercharge does slip threw the customer will be happy and besides it was costing more to make sure it was collected than what we were loosing.

Now lets apply this to Dish Network. How many people would actually account stack even if they could. How many people would go to the trouble of having extra receivers to sell to coworkers and neighbors. It would be a pain in the butt for a small amount of money. Then consider that most people that would steal it are not people that would be likely to become paying customers. So by stopping this Dish Network is not really increasing their billing much if any, they have the expense of paying all the employees working as audit Nazis, and they have the loss in revenue from good paying customers that are Getting mad and leaving Dish Network over this.

I doubt seriously Dish Network is coming out ahead by doing this.

AlaJoe said:
I have to wonder if all this auditing is even worth it to dish network. The company I work for once hire an internal auditor to make sure all of our billing was correct and our customers were getting charged for everything they were supposed to be. This person worked for us about a year and was find $2-3,000 dollars a month in billing oversights that would have slipped threw the cracks but then someone wised up and realized they were paying her $40,000 a year so they we were actually losing money by having her there and catching this stuff. when she quit she was never replaced. It was decided if an undercharge does slip threw the customer will be happy and besides it was costing more to make sure it was collected than what we were loosing.

Now lets apply this to Dish Network. How many people would actually account stack even if they could. How many people would go to the trouble of having extra receivers to sell to coworkers and neighbors. It would be a pain in the butt for a small amount of money. Then consider that most people that would steal it are not people that would be likely to become paying customers. So by stopping this Dish Network is not really increasing their billing much if any, they have the expense of paying all the employees working as audit Nazis, and they have the loss in revenue from good paying customers that are Getting mad and leaving Dish Network over this.

I doubt seriously Dish Network is coming out ahead by doing this.

Something tells me that Dish Network thought of that before they even formed this group. Charlie isn't one to put money into something that's costing him more money than it's saving.

They must have "thought" they have found quite a few people that did not have all the receivers at the same location but many that they thought were doing so may not have been doing so. With them continuing to do this they may be thinking that they are keeping people in check so that it does not get even further out of control.

Scott Greczkowski said:
My wife tried calling them and got a natsy one who actually made her cry.

We do not use the origional remotes on any of our receivers we use universal remotes so the buttons are not laid out the same.

She is not a wiz on this stuff like I am, she just turns on the TV and expects it to work. She couldnt get to the screen the audit person was looking for and the audit person yelled at her and said if this is not taken care of soon that the entire account would be turned off and we would not be able to reactivate the receivers again.

I understand why they are doing the audits, just the way SOME of their audit folks are doing things is all wrong.

Scott

How did your call with the Reciver Audit team go !!!!

Last edited:
Stargazer said:
They must have "thought" they have found quite a few people that did not have all the receivers at the same location but many that they thought were doing so may not have been doing so. With them continuing to do this they may be thinking that they are keeping people in check so that it does not get even further out of control.

Out of curiousity, when did anyone get the first auditing call? There are some posts that some have gone through it multiple times.

If that is the case, it would seem this has gone on a while and if they were not making some type of profit, they would be shut down.

I still believe they probably make more from finding those who have not paid PPV bills by not plugging in the phone instead of stacking accounts.

projectorsrule said:
For people that have DSL, isn't there a maximum number of phones that can be plugged in at your house before it screws up your DSL?
Yes - but that is a technical limitation (amount of current the copper can handle), NOT a "business decision".

I got my audit last summer and they screwed up. I still think they are screwed up because they try to audit receivers that you have already deactivated but still being shown on the account. This causes problems. It would be a good idea to make sure any receivers that are not activated are cleared/released off of your account entirely to avoid this situation.

One of the co-workers had Dish. Like many he has no land line so his 2 recievers couldn't be hooked up. When he got a call from the Dish Taliban, they were very rude to him and he told them "You're not going to treat me like this...." and instead of backing off, the audit taliban got ruder. So he hung up on them. A minute later they called back and warned him if that he didn't give the info, they would turn things off. He told to cancel the service and was going to cable and also where to go.

He traded his stuff to the cable buy-back programme. My co-worker is not really a fan of cable, but since he had the cable internet, he went with them.

Word will eventually get around about this and people will stray from Dish and lean towards DirecTv. It's funny how Dish wants to get word of mouth and referrals but how do they expect that with such treatment? Why not just have the receivers shut off themselves on their own like DirecTv used to do if they are not plugged into a phoneline once in a while?

TV 2 Picture Quality

"Super" (LOL) Dish question??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)