Tv 2 Problem

ryans80

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 31, 2008
When i change the channels on tv on vip 722 the extended program info box pops up repeatedly. Tried changing batteries on remote with no luck. Anyone else have this problem.

Thanks

This is a common problem when the receiver is not getting a clear signal from the remote. I don't know why, but for whatever reason, if the receiver doesn't understand a command, it pops up the info box. I had this problem for quite some time with a 625 I used to have in my house. Before you go to any extremes trying to extend the remote antenna line, try switching the remote to UHF Band B. To do this, standing at TV1 and with the TV1 remote (it can be done from TV2, but since your signal is weak, best to do it where it works reliably) press the Menu button twice. You should see a screen similar to the one below
attachment.php

The information on this screen will be different for your receiver, but if you see this screen you'll know you are in the right place. The part of this screen that we are interested in is highlighted below.

attachment.php

You should see a number between 1 and 16 (preferably, not 1, if it set to 1 let us know in the reply and we'll help you change that as well) in the white box, a small image showing that it is TV2, and then more than likely "UHF Pro Band A". This is what we are going to change.

Open the battery compartment on the TV2 remote, on the left side of the batteries you should see a small inset switch with A and B positions. Using something small to switch the remote to the "B" Side. Close the battery cover and press the record button on the TV2 remote. The Number and the TV2 icon should stay the same, but it should now say "UHF Pro Band B" If this did not change, try pressing the record button again.

Exit back out of the system info screen (Press cancel repeatedly on the TV1 remote until you see full screen video), and bring your TV2 remote back to TV2. Play around with it and see if it is working better. If it is not, let us know. There are other steps that can be taken to extend the range of the TV2 remot, but they are not quite as simple.

Best of Luck.

Attachments

• sysinfo-reg copy.jpg
    sysinfo-reg copy.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 240
  • sysinfo-reg.jpg
    sysinfo-reg.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 249

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)