Tv 2 Remote question

sivad98

Original poster
Jan 12, 2013
florida
I have two tv's that use the uhf remote. I have a device hooked up to my receiver that sends the tv2 into my livingroom and my bedroom. I need to bring the livingroom remote into the bedroom in order to change channelsat night so I got another tv2 remote thinking that I could programe it and use it in my bedroom instead od bringing the one from the livingroom in at night. It seems like it over rides the livingroom one. I got the new one to work but when I tried to hange the channels in the livingroon thatremote didn't work. They both have the same remote address I cheched that. What else can I do

Which receiver do you have? You should be able to have multiple remotes for any of them as long as they are set to the same remote address. If you are using remotes with the plastic selector tabs that plug into the bottom, they also have to have the same tab. Also look on the back of the remote and report which remote number you are using.

If it is the remote not being able to access the receiver, just make local receive antennas for the remote. Take a splitter and feed it with both the remote antenna at the receiver and TV2 signals. Then at the TV2 TV's use another splitter with TV2 into the one side and yv2 out of ther other side to the tv and one the 2nd spicket, ass about a 12" piece of bare wire to the center conductor. The inner wire from a coax wire works fine. Now you have access to the remote antenna everywhere. I used that prior to changing to Hopper/Joey system for years.

I have two tv's that use the uhf remote. I have a device hooked up to my receiver that sends the tv2 into my livingroom and my bedroom. I need to bring the livingroom remote into the bedroom in order to change channelsat night so I got another tv2 remote thinking that I could programe it and use it in my bedroom instead od bringing the one from the livingroom in at night. It seems like it over rides the livingroom one. I got the new one to work but when I tried to hange the channels in the livingroon thatremote didn't work. They both have the same remote address I cheched that. What else can I do

If the new remote still changes channels back in the MBR, then more than likely your LR is just outside of the range/distance from the remote antenna behind the rcvr to function properly. Extend the remote antenna using a few splitters and rg6 jumper cables.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/attachment.php?attachmentid=78677&d=1259545232

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)