TV Car Trivia!

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry if I am late to this thread and if I missed this question, but other then the year, what was different with the 70 model Lee anyone know? and dont look it up on the internet, play nicely!

the tail lights are different
but i thought they only used 68 and 69 models
not sure if they used the 70 models

Last edited:
hmm I just looked it up, but there was a booke out there a while back, and I read this on more then one site, they had like 4 1970 chargers they used, and only 4...but the 1970 had a 440 engine while the rest had 318, 383 engines, guess I could be wrong, I should probably check all this before I open my mouth :) I know the movie had 1970 cars for sure!

That would be Columbo. Loved the episode where he was trying to get repair advice from the owner of the Ferrari dealership, who was naturally the bad guy.

What other car did Columbo drive? Hint: It's a convertible.

hmm I just looked it up, but there was a booke out there a while back, and I read this on more then one site, they had like 4 1970 chargers they used, and only 4...but the 1970 had a 440 engine while the rest had 318, 383 engines, guess I could be wrong, I should probably check all this before I open my mouth :) I know the movie had 1970 cars for sure!

i did some searching on the net about it and this is what i found
From 1979 to 1985, Chargers of 1968 and 1969 vintage were sourced and converted to General Lee specifications. According to all builders involved over the years, as well as the VIN list supplied to Wayne Wooten of all Chargers used on the show, and despite popular belief, no 1970 models were ever used. The cars required the entire front clip transplant from a 1968-69 car, which sustained the most damage in the jumps. Obtaining cars was not an issue until later years. By that time, the car was the star of the show and Warner Brothers moved building of the cars in-house to keep the cars consistent in appearance. This is when side marker and rear backup lights are seen which were deleted on 1969 models as well as 1968 (seen from the start of the show). Late in the show's run, when it got too hard and/or expensive to continue procuring more Chargers, the producers started using jump footage from previous episodes (something that had been done occasionally previously, but not to such an extent).

i did some searching on the net about it and this is what i found
From 1979 to 1985, Chargers of 1968 and 1969 vintage were sourced and converted to General Lee specifications. According to all builders involved over the years, as well as the VIN list supplied to Wayne Wooten of all Chargers used on the show, and despite popular belief, no 1970 models were ever used. The cars required the entire front clip transplant from a 1968-69 car, which sustained the most damage in the jumps. Obtaining cars was not an issue until later years. By that time, the car was the star of the show and Warner Brothers moved building of the cars in-house to keep the cars consistent in appearance. This is when side marker and rear backup lights are seen which were deleted on 1969 models as well as 1968 (seen from the start of the show). Late in the show's run, when it got too hard and/or expensive to continue procuring more Chargers, the producers started using jump footage from previous episodes (something that had been done occasionally previously, but not to such an extent).

yeah thats what wikipedia has, but I will keep digging as If I remember correctly this was a whole book on nothing but the dodge charger/general lee, and it was also some information on how to buy some of the general lees from warner brothers, some of the really bad ones I believe went for 3000, this was about a year before the reunion movie came out on tv, so my memory could be off as it was 1996 (my sophmore year of high school when I was taking alot of hits from the football field.)

what movie did the main characters drove a 1974 Dodge Monaco police car

What show did they drive either an 82 camaro 57 bel air or a dodge power wagon?

Guest car references

1989 Chrysler Le Baron convertible (midentified in subsequent episode as a 1983)

Mercedes S320 trumps Mercedes E320

Last edited:
Guest car references, bumped for clues:

1989 Chrysler Le Baron convertible (misidentified in subsequent episode as a 1983)

" Everybody's talkin' at me...
I can't hear a word they're sayin'...
just drivin' around in Xxx Xxxxxx's car...
"

Mercedes S320 trumps Mercedes E320

"...I don't even set the clock in my Mercedes E320."

" Boy, that's a nice car."

"Yes, I should say it is."

"Yeah, I had one for a while. But it was too small for the whole family, so we upgraded to the S class."

Last edited:
"...I don't even set the clock in my Mercedes E320."

" Boy, that's a nice car."

"Yes, I should say it is."

"Yeah, I had one for a while. But it was too small for the whole family, so we upgraded to the S class."
Wasn't it a plumber who had the S320, and Niles with the E320? Or was it Frasier himself.
On Frasier.

Wasn't it a plumber who had the S320, and Niles with the E320? Or was it Frasier himself.
On Frasier.

Niles owned the E320. The S320 belonged to the plumber who used to stick Niles's head in the toilet and flush it

Niles:"I can still hear the laughter, and Kreizel's mocking voice as he’d hoist me over the bowl. 'Hold your breath, Jocko!' Then the crowd would start its awful chant. 'There goes Crane, Down the Drain!' "

Trivia Question:

What cars did Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor own throughout the series of Home Improvement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)